Wetherspoons clientele

HottyMcBuff

The one at Woodseats has too big a frontage and so it is sometimes difficult to see which door the drunks are going to stumble out of. If I go to the chippy and walk home i have a choice, walk past the Woodseats Hotel and get deafened by loud music and have some drunken slob on the benches outside asking me for a chip or walk on the other side past Wetherspoons and get bowled over as some drunk stumbles out looking for the chinese chippy. I'd walk down the middle of the road but no the drunks have beaten me to that as well.

Originally posted by WallBuilder

The one at Woodseats has too big a frontage and so it is sometimes difficult to see which door the drunks are going to stumble out of. If I go to the chippy and walk home i have a choice, walk past the Woodseats Hotel and get deafened by loud music and have some drunken slob on the benches outside asking me for a chip or walk on the other side past Wetherspoons and get bowled over as some drunk stumbles out looking for the chinese chippy. I'd walk down the middle of the road but no the drunks have beaten me to that as well.

Why not try a quick pint in The Chantrey, and then die of boredom like Martha Longhurst did in the snug!

K x

Was in the swim one evening and me and my friend got approached by an aged man with a 99p box of cakes asking us randomly if we were "into the stereo game" and for advice if sony is a good one lol

Where is Cambridge Street, is that the one with the Graduate on it?

my fave pub is the cavendish, but then i would say that being a student hehe

matthew

Originally posted by matthewluck

Was in the swim one evening and me and my friend got approached by an aged man with a 99p box of cakes asking us randomly if we were "into the stereo game" and for advice if sony is a good one lol

Where is Cambridge Street, is that the one with the Graduate on it?

my fave pub is the cavendish, but then i would say that being a student hehe

matthew

You're thinking of Surrey Street; that's where The Graduate is. Cambridge Street runs down the right hand side of John Lewis.

K x

Originally posted by Kristian

I'm quite liking the Woodseats Palace these days; I spend a fair amount of time in Woodseats, and as such I find it one of the better places to go in the evening.

Agree with you on this Kristian .

I too often go in the woodseats palace. And know someone who used to work there, who told me that the late afternoon the clientele include alcoholic postmen, who spend every single last penny of their wages and often spill lots of pennies all over the counter, trying to find the price of another drink.

In the evenings, the place is most busy between 8.30 and 9.30pm where all the chav crowd seem to meet and drink alcopops or blandweiser, and shout in each other's earholes before moving on to the big tree, where they can do the same thing while being deafened with horrible hallam FM chart music which they amusingly like to call R n B, even though it sounds nothing like the Rolling Stones.

After this time it is far more pleasent, and many of the tables have groups of people over 30. And a great deal of older people, many of them my neighbours.

Later I go over to the chantry where I entertain the pensioners with a few music hall songs from the 1900s on the pub organ, but they are too deaf to notice that I've changed some of the words to rude ones!

Originally posted by Hubert

I like lloyds bar on Mondays when its not too crowded and you can just sit and have a chat.

Bar staff are friendly too, except one guy who always seems to look like hes been forced to serve people

Maybe he'd smile more if some us tipped him occasionally! :P

K x

Archived