The smokiest pub in Sheffield

slimsid2000

Now that we are only just over two months away from smoke free pubs lets take a few moments out to reflect on Sheffield's nicotine stained tap rooms of yesteryear.

What are people's nominations for Sheffield's smokiest pub?

If anyone can find the smokiest pub in Sheffield, could they please let us all know as quickly as possible. I am hoping to visit the U.K [ and Sheffield ] this Summer, perhaps before 1/7/07 and would like, one last time perhaps, to breath in the lovely aroma of nicotine and tobacco.

Smoke must be one of the most pleasant smells in the world------whether from bonfires, garden refuse, cigars, pipes or cigarettes. It will bring back fond memories of Soho and French bistros and gentlemen's clubs and studies ; of people concentrating on chess games or those lovely smokes after a pleasant bout of ' L'Amour '. Yet another civilised pastime hits the dust in our wonderful Cool Britannia . Goodbye Havanas, Hello McDonalds !

If anyone can find the smokiest pub in Sheffield, could they please let us all know as quickly as possible. I am hoping to visit the U.K [ and Sheffield ] this Summer, perhaps before 1/7/07 and would like, one last time perhaps, to breath in the lovely aroma of nicotine and tobacco.

Smoke must be one of the most pleasant smells in the world------whether from bonfires, garden refuse, cigars, pipes or cigarettes. It will bring back fond memories of Soho and French bistros and gentlemen's clubs and studies ; of people concentrating on chess games or those lovely smokes after a pleasant bout of ' L'Amour '. Yet another civilised pastime hits the dust in our wonderful Cool Britannia . Goodbye Havanas, Hello McDonalds !

Indeed good sir, they will be confined to history alomg with such other fond memories as open sewers and plague pits. Things are certainly not what they were. How long before cat stroking is banned? Surley it can only follow very quickly on the heals of smoking? Alas bad Tony, bad, bad Tony.

Now back to the plot. Any more nominations. I nominate the Anvil on the corner of Stannington Road and Wood Lane.

Smokiest Pub in Sheffield? I'd probably say the Top House (Crown and Glove) in Stannington.

Smokiest Pub I've ever been in though was the Crown Hotel in Grimsby, back when I was a student we used to go in on a Tuesday for the Karaoke, and blimey every week we'd come out eyes streaming and smelling like a blooming ashtray!

The Beehive was pretty bad the one time I went (was a music quiz).QUOTE]

Yeah, the Beedive was pretty bad at one point.

Mind you, the Parkhotel was shocking a few months back - hit you as soon as you walked through the door.

Archived