Used cooking oil disposal

might sound daft but anyone know what to do with old cooking oil from a fryer need to change ours but not to sure or happy about pouring it down the sink? any advice or anyone needing it for a car welcome??

I saw something on tv this morning about mixing it with seeds then letting it set and using it as bird feeder.. might be more technical than that but I was only half watching it!

Other than that, in the past i've usually put it in an old plastic drinks bottle with the lid sealed and thrown it in the bin.

I've usually put it in an old plastic drinks bottle with the lid sealed and thrown it in the bin.

This is what I do too. It's unlikely to set for the bird-feeding idea. Has anyone got a more environmentally friendly solution?

If you leave it to set it can take a while if its a large amount but if you're willing to spend the time split it up into smaller amounts and add some seeds and the birds love it:) Just be careful where you leave it though because on the ground it can attract vermin:suspect:

Think of the karma though..