Local Radio Ad jingles. 1970's - 1980's

"Cantors turn your house into a home".

Also, there used to be a Moor-The-Merrier week, an en masse piece of advertising for all the retailers on the Moor (when it actually had shops on it). The jingle went "The Moor-The-Merrier, the Moor, the Moor-The Merrier".

There was a thread on here some time ago which included links to some brilliant old ads of the 1970s and 80s.

Oh, and don't forget Barry Noble's Roxy, whose catchphrase was "Is that alright for yers?"

"Radio Ha-llaaam Wea-ther.. brought to you this hour in association with.."

I can still remember the jingle but i cannot remember who it was brought to you in association with..

so it probably wasnt a very wise ad investment..

Anybody remember these:

Morris Bywater the manufacturing jeweller

Only gold can make your dreams unfold (Bramall's Gold Room)

Heatshield Windows

Johhny Moran's your morning DJ on Hallam Radio (sung by Harry Chapin no less)

And that long one that started 'Whether you live in Sheffield or on the Yorkshire Moors', a whole song about Radio Hallam 'the top of your dial'. I think they played it when there wasn't enough time for a paoper recors before the news.

And that long one that started 'Whether you live in Sheffield or on the Yorkshire Moors', a whole song about Radio Hallam 'the top of your dial'. I think they played it when there wasn't enough time for a paoper recors before the news.

The 1974 "Hallam Song" can be downloaded here:

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/mawlkw/01%20Hallam%20Song.mp3

Archived