Another Kickboxing question

Either it's a system that grades according to ability rather than time (the only sort I rate), or it's a system that gives belts away very quickly.

Same as for anyone, don't look at his belt, look at how he fights.

Well as far as I know its PKK that he goes to but I wouldn't rally have an idea of what to look for in a blackbelt anyway.

Well as far as I know its PKK that he goes to but I wouldn't rally have an idea of what to look for in a blackbelt anyway.

Black belt in less than 2 years? In all honesty any club that lets you get to black belt in such a short time is not worth the paper its written on.

A good kickboxing association would not let somebody have a black belt until they have not only reached technical standard but also gained a lot of experience with regard to the whole picture of kickboxing.

Not simply sparring, padwork and techniques but also fighting, cornering refereeing, judging, coaching and instructing ,..etc.

Would you learn from a kickboxing coach who has only trained two years in total?

I tell you this much I wouldnt.

Sounds like a "paper " black belt to me. I.E. a worthless one.

Black belt in less than 2 years? In all honesty any club that lets you get to black belt in such a short time is not worth the paper its written on.

A good kickboxing association would not let somebody have a black belt until they have not only reached technical standard but also gained a lot of experience with regard to the whole picture of kickboxing.

Not simply sparring, padwork and techniques but also fighting, cornering refereeing, judging, coaching and instructing ,..etc.

Would you learn from a kickboxing coach who has only trained two years in total?

I tell you this much I wouldnt.

Sounds like a "paper " black belt to me. I.E. a worthless one.

Cheers.

Thats really what I was thinking. I just wanted some more experienced judgement.

Archived