The Spotswood Close Crew

So guys who's up for the little get-together.

Sarah, you and Shaun/Sean have got to come. You might not remember us too well but we certainly remember you 2 so you have to attend, Ok?

Laurie how are you with your sisters? Do you think they will be interested?

Michael is up for it so he and Carol (Slack) should be able to sort their lot out.

So who else are we looking for? Gotta try and find out where Keith Gooden is, he was a good lad.

Thinking about the Saturday afternoon thing. These days a lot of people work in retail and therefore work Saturdays. So what about a Friday night.

Thoughts anybody?

Later

Chris.

A little reminder for you. I thought there were more trees.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=spotswood+close&layer=&sll=53.346299,-1.444702&sspn=0.027976,0.06815&ie=UTF8&z=18&ll=53.351016,-1.444734&spn=0.001748,0.004259&t=h&om=1

hi chris. would love to get together with everyone. Keith gooden's mum just moved but don't think its far away, thinks its near the shops somewhere. will get my mum on it to get in touch with Keith. Sean told me this morning about you contacting him. will get him to come also. Dawn Watkinson who used to live upstairs will come too. am in regular contact with her and do you remember her sister June? there is Dean and John, sadly John not with us anymore tho. Will be a great night/afternoon.

• 3 weeks later...

you know I can't believe it. would have been a good laugh. meeting up after all these years. Sean would not come cos wifey not happy about him going out without her! she funny like that, even though his sister would be with him. Its such a shame. mind you have u seen spotswood close lately. Bin about 4 burnt out cars on wyvern car park in last month or so, even the landlady had her car done! hopefully though we will all meet up some time. :roll:

Yeah I called up at Michael's a couple weeks ago and saw the burnt-out car on the pub car park, also bumped into Derek, Michael's dad just as he was coming out of the pub. I see the Far Lees is boarded up as well.

Anyway Michael and Carol are both up for a little get-together so we may as well try and set something up. He's going to try and contact the Gratton's and Gibson's and along with his sisters and Carol's should be a few of us anyway. We'll have to hope Laurie comes back on. I can contact Joanne if need be.

We just need a time and place. Straight off the top of my head what about Friday 8th June?

Chris

hi chris this is janet michael's sister ,i would love to meet everyone but can't make it then so if you rearrange or do another one let me know.i saw keith's mum today didn't know you wanted to contct him but know were she lives.

Hi Chris & Sarah - and Janet now,

Early hours here, the only chance I get these days to get on line. I'll be making one on the 8th. Michael has spoken to Toni - he saw her last night so she phoned me to give me an earful for not telling her!! I would've done- it was def. on my 'to do asap' list (trouble is that's a long list at the moment) anyhow, it is her nieces 21st on that night but she says she will come for the first hour at least and then have to go to the 21st 'do'. Our Joanne is also going to come I believe - she's logged on to the Forum tonight Chris. Thanks to your call to Gaz & Sharon last night. Sharon told Jo to go to my space though so Jo got hold of me as obviously she wasn't getting any joy on there! It looks like being a small but select gathering!!! will try to get back on here soon. Pity Sean can't make it, haven't seen him for years! You do all know I'll be the bloody oldest!!! No fair. lol.! Back before the day for times etc. Bye for now, Laurie.

It's was always gonna be tricky trying to set up something like this and so it has transpired. Looks like 1 or 2 people can't make it and to be honest something has cropped up for me as well. So.

Is there any chance that we could put this back 2 weeks to Friday the 22nd? pleeeeease. It will also give people a bit more notice to get in touch with others although I have to say it looks pretty popular so far. Laurie and Sarah is it still ok with you 2 and is it better for Toni and you as well Janet? It looks like upwards of 20 are up for it.

Cheers

Chris

Oh well, that's a bit of a sod 'cos you'll never guess who shouted me on High Street today.....Keith Gooden! Plus he's up for it and all set to come a week Friday. I have no idea how to get in touch with him to tell him it's changed - could we get anyone on to that asap or he'll think I am a right chuff! I will ask Sheila (Hill) if she could possibly see any of his sisters and let them know (don't know if it's Pamela or Sharon but) I'm sure one of them lives near her.Ok. then Friday 22nd it looks like. How on earth have you found 20 of us Chris?

I'd best remember to let Toni know too.

Back soon as.

Old Valley Girl. Decided I didn't peak in the 70's - had a rebirth!