Halloween 2004

SaxonLeigh

ok, i have a friend over from canada & they celebrate halloween really big over there. i was just wondering if anyone has seen any halloween nights advertised in any night clubs or the bars around sheffield because instead of trick or treating this year i'm wanting to take her out on the town in fancy dress. we are going to make some home made costumes, we have it all planed out so if anyone knows of any halloween nights around the 31st of october i would really apreciate being informed!

thanks

Not sure about this year but last year they had a big "Fright Night" event down Town, round the Fargate area with loads of Haloween type events, loads of people dressed up, competitions etc.

I think they'll probably do it again this year, hope so.. I went last year dressed as Dracula, t'was a good laugh.

I love Halloween. Hope they do another Fright Night.

We had a party last year for the kids. I had eighteen little vampires running around the house! Great stuff.

If the Canadians are anything like their neighbours then UK Halloweens will be a little low key. I used to live in the USA and they go crazy at Halloween - parties, trick or treating - everyone gets dressed up. Loved it!!

Originally posted by Moon Maiden

I have details of various events up and down the country - but probably not what you or your friend had in mind :D

moon

i dont know there maybe something that i'm interested in, we are looking for something with in a night club or something, like if kingdom night club has something on on halloween with fancy dress & the night club dressed up then that would be ideal, something of that nature in town or barnsley or doncaster!

Originally posted by beckb

I love Halloween. Hope they do another Fright Night.

We had a party last year for the kids. I had eighteen little vampires running around the house! Great stuff.

If the Canadians are anything like their neighbours then UK Halloweens will be a little low key. I used to live in the USA and they go crazy at Halloween - parties, trick or treating - everyone gets dressed up. Loved it!!

yes, she says it just like ammerican, they start planning middle of september maybe earlier, they dress the houses up & make or buy costumes, the kids all go out trick or treating & the adults have a huge party, play lodes of games & bake halloween cakes & cocktails. it sounds amazing but i've explained to her that its not a big deal here which is why i want to find a halloween fancy dress club night. also its her 21st birthdays on the 18th of october & they dont celebrate there 21st like we do so i want to make a real big night of it & show her how celebrate!

what does fright night entail? i saw it advertised last year but didnt know what it was about. do you have to pay?

Originally posted by SaxonLeigh

yes, she says it just like ammerican, they start planning middle of september maybe earlier, they dress the houses up & make or buy costumes, the kids all go out trick or treating & the adults have a huge party, play lodes of games & bake halloween cakes & cocktails. it sounds amazing but i've explained to her that its not a big deal here which is why i want to find a halloween fancy dress club night. also its her 21st birthdays on the 18th of october & they dont celebrate there 21st like we do so i want to make a real big night of it & show her how celebrate!

what does fright night entail? i saw it advertised last year but didnt know what it was about. do you have to pay?

No you don't have to pay, it's just a big gathering slap bang in the middle of Town, everybody dressed up in horror themed clobber having a laugh.

They have competitions, Radio Hallam have live music on all night, there's a few stalls selling toffee apples etc, all good clean fun, and there's no trouble either, well there wasn't last year.

Archived