Chatsworth: 3 Day Event

Yes, I would have liked to go, but i noticed it costs £10-£15 just to watch!

Is this true or have i misunderstood it?

Have you been before? What else is there to do there? Can you bring picnic?

Safari!

I'd like to go, but if you have to pay to spectate - where do you get the tickets? And me too for picnics on the grass.

I've walked thru and seen some of the cross country jumps - ooer! but then if my horse can pop a five-bar gate in a paddy, then he could probably get over these things, they look more scarey to us I think!

We could put up a post after and compare our experiences.

Website or information point would be useful if anyone has one.

I went last year on the Saturday, course isn't so big as it's only novice and intermediate classes that day and yes you can take a picnic - take a bag with it in and try get in the grandstand for the showjumping.

There's stalls and displays etc. also plenty of x-country action and show jumping all day round. Went last year and though it poured with rain and nobody fell in the water jump I loved every minute of it.

Takes me back to the old days of the mini-Derby bank we had in a hunter class I took part in - wish they'd told me about not being able to use the draw reins, boots and cross noseband before i'd entered it - would have saved alot of time catching Pablo after he dumped me.:hihi:

I've not been Burghley would love to go. There's a great article in this weeks H and H as always about Badminton and the track, fences etc.

Off to the 1000 Guineas this Sunday so a big couple of weekends of horse action coming up - can't wait :D

Archived