Colonoscopy - anyone had one?

I know this thread is years old, but thought I would mention that I had a colonoscopy last week, and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

As others have said, the Klean-Prep laxatives are the worst part of it, but I soon learned to mix it with lemonade instead of water - it was a lot better, and almost palatable.

Oh i bought apple and black currant (clear) but may try lemonade if u say its just bout passable lol

Had the colonscopy, it turns out its colitis and on 8 steroids a day for 3 weeks.

Is anyone here in the same boat and can i control this with the meds?. cheers:)

Are you on oral steroids or topical? I used to work with medicines for ulcerative colitis and Crohn's Disease.

Are you on oral steroids or topical? I used to work with medicines for ulcerative colitis and Crohn's Disease.

Im on oral steroids medusa, some beging with P. Onlt started them today. I really want to get better as its been awfull, i just want my life back:(

Although i dont want/expect to be in steroids all the time, is there medication i will be on to try and keep the colitis in remission? Cheers medusa.

my partner has ulcerative colitis and was originally on steroids and enemas but has been put on suppositories and now on a drug called azathioprine to try to keep it under control

Hows the treatment going for him?, ive been going to toilet anything from 3-5 times a day, with the blood etc. (not nice). How long should i give the steroids to kickin, im going back to consultant on 22nd of aug, thanks for advice i need it.:)

• 5 months later...
Ok, old thread i know, but im having a colonoscopy tomorrow, not really worried about that, its the klean prep im worried about now :o, ive got to start them this afternoon, and from the comments it looks like im gonna struggle :(

I mixed it with orange juice, not great but drinkable. Keep the route to the toilet clear.

Mine was quite bizarre. I originally went to the doctor because I had a black freckle on my lip. She said this is a sign of bowel growths, so I told her my brother had at least five. He went for the colonoscopy, I cowarded out .. He was ok, and blow me, my freckle thing I'd had for years on my lip disappeared.

Archived