Colonoscopy - anyone had one?

Hows the treatment going for him?, ive been going to toilet anything from 3-5 times a day, with the blood etc. (not nice). How long should i give the steroids to kickin, im going back to consultant on 22nd of aug, thanks for advice i need it.:)

Sorry....only just seen this. He is not doing very well....all sorts of random things seem to make him worse and we seem to be constantly adding to the list of foods which are a no no.

The steroids kicked in quickly...they made him so bad tempered I told the doc I was ready to throw him out!. Now we find they have kicked him into type 2 diabetes which is just what we needed.

The azathioprine is fine with few or no side effects but as yet does not seem to be doing an awful lot. The blood tests are a pain in the neck because he has to have them so often.

The other thing is high doses of calcium because with ulcerative colitis it is not absorbed properly so he had a bone scan which showed he needed to go on yet another lot of drugs for bone thinning.

Archived