Sheffield 1/2 Marathon 2007 - too late?

You're all making me feel nervous about Sunday!!! Went for a long run last Sunday, twice round Derwent in under 2 hours - felt ok, hard going at the end. Bit close to the race for a long run, but my running partner was busy the week before. Intend to swim a couple of times this week for stamina and go for a couple of short runs. Any advice for the last week? Am aiming for 2hours, or hopefully a bit less.

Katy

You're all making me feel nervous about Sunday!!! Went for a long run last Sunday, twice round Derwent in under 2 hours - felt ok, hard going at the end. Bit close to the race for a long run, but my running partner was busy the week before. Intend to swim a couple of times this week for stamina and go for a couple of short runs. Any advice for the last week? Am aiming for 2hours, or hopefully a bit less.

Katy

One thing I hear again and again is nothing you do in the last week will make you go faster so taking it easy is what i am doing :)

Katy

Just relax and get to the start fresh.

Have plenty of pasta before,porridge in the morning and keep hydrated.But most of all remember to enjoy it.

Am all set now, good luck to everyone taking part, i have just got to remember not to go off to fast! Am doing a reccy of the route tonight (in car), probably get to the end and think - bl**dy long way! Am hoping for sub 2 hours, am hoping the crowd will carry me through when going into the unknown (last 2 miles!). :loopy:

Am all set now, good luck to everyone taking part, i have just got to remember not to go off to fast! Am doing a reccy of the route tonight (in car), probably get to the end and think - bl**dy long way! Am hoping for sub 2 hours, am hoping the crowd will carry me through when going into the unknown (last 2 miles!). :loopy:

Don't rely on the crowd for the last 2 miles mate.You'll be lucky to see anybody.Other runners will get you through it.As well as your own determination.

It is a long way,even in a car but if it wasn't you wouldn't be running it would you.

Hearing you all talking about doing it in under 2 hrs is upsetting me(not really) but if you see a grey haired old wrinkley plodding on please be kind to him because that will be me.If I finish I will be dead chuffed & the time wont matter just so long as it is before it is dark.:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Well what an experience, i finished in 1.47.19, so am happy about the time, i did make the mistake of needing the loo just before the start and had to start with the 2hr 30 mins + people, slowed me down for 1st couple of miles, but after that was brill. Eccleshall Road and running through town was great. Going for sub 1hr 30 next year - in the bag :hihi: Well done to everyone who too part!!

Archived