Night out in sheff pubs then Le club.

stryker16

We usually have a good works nite out once a month in sheff but can you help with the venue?

For pubs we used to love hot-shots (used to be down by centertainment / behind players bar). Is there anything else similar in sheff i.e. with a few machines / pool tables etc.

p.s. we are a group of 30 somethings and ergo praise to the 80's and 90's.

On the club front last two times we went to the new Josies which was and is awful, somebody recommended Casbah for a Friday night - anybody got a view ?!?

thanks,

S.

Probably start at the top of West Street in the Cavendish and work your way down West Street as far as the Reflex 80s bar, then onto Division Street.

Other pubs with pool table you could start in might be Dove and Rainbow, Graduate, Yorkshire Grey...

Josies has now turned into Banus and plays current chart and cheezy stuff, and has a very relaxed atmosphere.

Casbah is a bit more rocking but the club bit in the basement is a right sweat pit. You should still have a good night there though.

Leadmill should be a laugh.

Oh and just to throw in a cheap plug, Sheffield beer festival is on next weekend at St Phillips Social Club (by Netherthorpe rd tramstop - near University - top of West Street and turn right). Lots of beers to try, and live music on. Fest is open Thur/Fri/Sat night until 11pm. http://www.sheffieldcamra.co.uk

Originally posted by Andy C

Probably start at the top of West Street in the Cavendish and work your way down West Street as far as the Reflex 80s bar, then onto Division Street.

bear in mind its freshers week for students and West Street/Div Street will be full of 18 yr olds barfing.......the highlight of the academic year!

If you do go to the Casbah basement club on a music night then be prepared to have your ears ringiing for 3 days or more as mine were twice ...

The accoustics are absolutely dreadfully crap and a public health and safety issue - I'm really surprised they are not reported or closed down ...

And I'm not being fussy - I like live or recorded music just as mush as the next man ... but there you have it !

Patrick2000 If you do go to the Casbah basement club on a music night then be prepared to have your ears ringiing for 3 days or more as mine were twice The accoustics are absolutely dreadfully crap and a public health and safety issue - I'm really surprised they are not reported or closed down ...

So why did you go back if the accoustics are crap and health and safety issues????

Some of us enjoy the raw, loud and sweaty atmosphere of "in the pit at the casbah" once in a while. Some of us were brought up going to places like that. Health and safety????? Come on...

If thats what you like its a great night out. LOUD SWEATY and RAW.

Hey - I used to go to Hotshots all the time 2 as it is only 2 minutes from my house, then Pulse, that was an excellent night club, I was devestated when they moved to town, and closed Hotshots.

Now try Rileys snooker hall have loadsa pool tables & machines in there, then town if you like that kind of music, get dressed up and try 80's bar, Reflex, Flares, and then Hot Pants 70's Disco at Aqua (old Roundhouse), have a good time wherever you end up :)

thanks guys - sounds like a mixed reaction on Casbah we will have to try it and report back !

Fireondaroof - we used to do the hotshots, then pulse thing that was a good night - something for everybody you might say !

Wheres the Rileys that you are referring to - in town ?!?

thanks,

S.

Stryker - what was wrong with banus and what nights did you go in. Was is the crowd, the place, the music, age of people??

i tried to pm this to you but i have to have 5 posts first????

onyl asking as i am the friday night dj and would like to recieve criticism as i can adjust things to make it better for all

Originally posted by stryker16

thanks guys - sounds like a mixed reaction on Casbah we will have to try it and report back !

Fireondaroof - we used to do the hotshots, then pulse thing that was a good night - something for everybody you might say !

Wheres the Rileys that you are referring to - in town ?!?

thanks,

S.

Upstairs in Casbah is ok but it gets really packed, but downstairs is dark and dirty - don't even go in the toilets and most of the people are a bit strange.

There is a Rileys at Manor Top you join as a member for a year, & it's quite cheap, it is open until the early hours of the morning and they have sky on the big screen and serve food!

There is also one in the centre of Rotherham, which you can use if you are a member.

Hi SheffBag,

We were the ones who requested you played a Jam track which you duly did (a coupleof weeks ago) - thanks! That was the kind of music we were hoping for but it was all the dance /rave runes for 95% of the night. If its that kind of audience you were attracting we prefer the older classics !!!!

cheers,

S.

Archived