Old (bus) Inspectors in Sheffield

:):)used to work at greenland so remember gloops doberman and a gentleman called bob pashley as depot inspectors also billy badger in the radio room he gave us many hours of amusement in the radio room and when you took him home in the morning point times didnt matter he wanted to go to bed not forgetting rad alarm who lived at brinsworth and got left at crookes junction because he used to hide in shop doorways and missed the bus lots of time

What about Frank Wright ? He could shout for England, I remember being sent down to Greenland Road to do the Garage Regulating duties someone had gone off sick and I was the nearest to the garage (mug I think is the term) when I arrived Frank a was on the counter and I was s****ing myself, but fair play to him once he knew the situation he couldn't have been more help he kept popping round to see how I was getting on and helped me through it and after that we got on like a house on fire.

dicky byne did he used to eat garlic cloves all the time you allways knew his pupils they stunk of garlic but he was a nice man and can you remember what picture moss elliot had inside his hat as you can tell i worked at greenland when alec lee and mick rush were gods in the driving school i can still mick rushes eyes boring in your back and alec lee saying i had reached a sufficient standard to drive a bus he unknowingly helped me pass my hgv test just by using his name i was told if i was good enough for him i was good enough for anybody

Yes Dickie Byne loved his garlic, you will be pleased to kmow he is now living in happy retirement in Spain. Alec Lee went to live in OZ with his son, and died there a few years ago. We certainly had to learn the art of double de-clutching in those days, no automatic gear boxes and sprung seats, todays drivers don't know how cushy they have it!

Yes Dickie Byne loved his garlic, you will be pleased to kmow he is now living in happy retirement in Spain. Alec Lee went to live in OZ with his son, and died there a few years ago. We certainly had to learn the art of double de-clutching in those days, no automatic gear boxes and sprung seats, todays drivers don't know how cushy they have it!

do you know what happened to mick rush im not posh enough for scarborough ive got a static caravan at ingoldmells but its nice to hear fro old sypte workers ps can anyone remember a nice polite inspector who lived near the white rose at handsworth

Hi Greenlandroadman sadly Mick Rush died a few years ago he remarried and went to live down south (Cornwall I think) but returned when his wife died, the last I saw of him he was living in the flats on Bradfield Road and doing a bit of gardening in the grounds, we had a natter with a couple of ex- Herries Road people Ted & his Dad Frank Woods it was like the top table in the canteen at Herries, I must add that Frank Woods looked just like he did on the buses and he must have been in his 80's, this has to be about 10 years ago give or take.

alec lees son was my conductor has anyone got his contact addy

Graham was my conductor at Townhead Street straight out of school I have had no contact details but I know he was in Australia and I am sure he was a manager in the car industry but this was over 20 years ago.