Old (bus) Inspectors in Sheffield

graham was with me when townhead street closed we were at leadmill road

I had left the buses before Townhead Street closed to go lorry driving but ended up going back in the mid 80s for a couple of years at Leadmill and Herries

• 2 weeks later...

would that nice inspector from handsworth be brian osbaldiston ex dept insp e/bank, also grissley bear stan newton could shout but very fair, & dont forget the legend john gallaway a brilliant guy who would help anyone.

I remember Pete Whitely and would echo sentiments already expressed!

He and I went to College together for our 'Diploma in Road Transport', he, an Inspector by then and me, a lowly Conductor.

Pete Smith and Brian Oldale were also in our class and I know that PS went on to be an Inspector. He was a good laugh and was on the Leeds/Bradford Board at East Bank Rd.

Hey! less of the "old" ha! ha! I think I fall into this catagory, Malcolm Smith, first with STD, then all the other combinations up to 1997 when I took early retirement. Living the life of Riley now in Scarborough!

I hope your "STD" has cleared up now?

• 6 months later...