Old (bus) Inspectors in Sheffield

Thanks for that padders, for all you ex Herries lads it might bring a smile to your face's when I tell you Gordon Sharpe is driving for Scarborough and District. It's pinching money here. He drove all the way from Helmsley out on the Yorkshire Moors to Scarborough and carried three. Said he was pulled out with it Ha Ha.

Malc, try writing about your years on the buses; it would be hilarious same as 'weerz mi dad' 'A sheffield boy' and 'ey up Knutty'. Will try and get Thunder in the Sun. Glad to hear Gordon Sharpe (Old Mother Hubbard) is well. Remember your yellow Lada or Skoda - had many a lift in that.

• 2 months later...

Some really bad news for all my old colleagues, Terry Conley passed away last Sunday in the Northern Gen after battling the big C for six years. The funeral is next Wednesday (19th) at 1;15pm at Grenoside. Terry was one of the nicest men I ever knew and I suspect there will be a very good turn out for him.

My dad worked on the buses he was a driver Iwould say in the 50s 60 time is name was Philip Hampson does anybody rmember him

1955 ish was a driver for a very short time ,got into a fight with another driver and that was the end of my driving the bus's:mad::mad:

Terry Conley was a well respected inspector/co-ordinator at Herries and Olive Grove. He would do his best to sort out any problems you may have and go the extra mile to help you. This did not make him popular with certain members of the management team at Olive Grove who would have rather seen you struggle than give you a hand.

R.I.P. Terry Old Buddy it was an honour and a pleasure to have worked with you.

Knew Terry from his days conducting, driving and as an inspector. Whenever I saw him, he would stop and pass the time of day. He was one of the nicest blokes you would ever be privileged to know. See you Wednesday, RIP Terry.