Handsworth.

---------- Post added 01-07-2014 at 23:35 ----------

Loads of pics of him in his regalia.

---------- Post added 02-07-2014 at 00:34 ----------

:(I beg your pardon lads.

I'm changing the subject.

So rude.

Carmen.

Hey! less of the "old" ha! ha! I think I fall into this catagory, Malcolm Smith, first with STD, then all the other combinations up to 1997 when I took early retirement. Living the life of Riley now in Scarborough!

I remember the inspector a bus driver friend of mine told me how they would wait a bus stops to make sure they arrived on time and left on time the driver could be in trouble if he was to earl or late. I used to aee inspectors handing around a cabin at the bottom of high street near where the hole in the road was

the cabin that the above mentions just had a telephone and bus timetables plus any other paperwork needed by the inspector in High St. If anyone remembers some of the inspectors I can mention that Graham Bradshaw passed away recently and only two weeks ago Bill Jarvis.

the cabin that the above mentions just had a telephone and bus timetables plus any other paperwork needed by the inspector in High St. If anyone remembers some of the inspectors I can mention that Graham Bradshaw passed away recently and only two weeks ago Bill Jarvis.

Hi Malc, sorry to hear of wobble gobs demise I lived across the road from Graham and knew him when he was driving wagons and he was some one I always got on with.

Regarding the post about Inspectors hiding to catch you I had a few after me Ginger Lenton , Insp. Norton the first time I was on then John Hunt, Maurice Ibbertson and another who I can't remember his name but they all failed :D

Hi Malc, sorry to hear about Graham, another bus legend bites the dust. Keep the info coming. First met Bill Jarvis when I transferred to Greenland, found him to be a proper gent.

As regards Phantom's post - Tommy (Ginger) Lenton was Area Inspector for Hillsborough in late 60's early 70's. Smashing bloke, always chatting Basset's girls up. His son, who I think you refer to, was Dennis Lenton, another smashing chap, did a lot of restoration work on old cars.

Never had too much to do with Lee Norton and John Hunt.

• 1 year later...

i have a picture of your dad at tenter street i don't know how to get it onto the sheffield forum if you give me a call i will give you the details where it is and you can see it you may have seen it but he was quite young

---------- Post added 19-11-2015 at 18:47 ----------

this is a message for fidlersticks