Old (bus) Inspectors in Sheffield

Hey! less of the "old" ha! ha! I think I fall into this catagory, Malcolm Smith, first with STD, then all the other combinations up to 1997 when I took early retirement. Living the life of Riley now in Scarborough!

Hi Malcolm nice to make contact how's Norma and the girls, we live in Spain

George Deemer was the inspector in charge of the driving school, I don't know when he became an inspector but was part of the driving school team when I joined in 1966.

When he retited he got if I remember right the mbe or obe he lived until quite recently

Here's one out of the Blue, guess who, retired 1998, still have my original STD inspectors cap badge.

Yep, likewise, I also recently found the Jim'l fix it style badge that they introduced for SYPTE. that was a cheap shoddy item. Wonder if little malc still has his cap badge, the replacement one for the one he "lost" remember that Malc.????

I knew Ken King very well, my wife and I had many happy hours at Kens when he was playing the organ, a great guy and so sad that he became a victim of the dreaded "C"

No! I don't have any of the Inspectors cap badges any more, they commanded a very good price from the bus collector brigade, and who am I to spoil there chance of a collectors item?

It would be very interesting to know just how many of us are still around, we, like the badges are I think also becoming rare items!