I'm new to Sheffield - need some friendly advice

I've just moved to sheffield a few weeks ago, and dont know anyone (apart from my partner) I'm looking for yoga classes - preferably evenings. or any other interesting activity, just to get me out meeting people, such as art/crafts, kickboxing, music, dancing - anything really, wanting to try something new. If there's anything like that in the woodseats area would you let me know?

Thanks!

theres castle black belt academy in meersbrook/heely (valley road)... that does ju-jitsu and kickboxing.. and its just down the road from you.

thats all i know around the area im afraid.

I've just moved to sheffield a few weeks ago, and dont know anyone (apart from my partner) I'm looking for yoga classes - preferably evenings. or any other interesting activity, just to get me out meeting people, such as art/crafts, kickboxing, music, dancing - anything really, wanting to try something new. If there's anything like that in the woodseats area would you let me know?

Thanks!

hiya and welcome to sheffield - a really good place to go to meet people through a 'keep fit' activity is "The Fitness Club". its a really nice gym located on surrey street (next to the winter gardens) Christine and her partner, Stuart run the place and its really friendly - not like a normal gym. Christine also runs a yoga class at the gym on a wednesday night I think, and its very popular.

Welcome to Sheffield, although you've been a member here on SF longer than me! There's a dance class at Woodseats Club (the top club) on the Dale ... think it's called Easy Dance? Not sure what night though, might be Tuesday.

hahah, thanks - i'm using my partners account on here - he's lived here all his life :)

Try http://www.prokungfu.com great set of guys that teach Kung Fu and Kickboxing, really freindly atmosphere.

Also why not try joining a gym, get fit, meet new people and the mixture of classes available is normally good. Fitness Unlimited is fairly cheap and you can use the facilities at Ponds Forge, Concord, Don Valley and Hillsborough! Lesiure Centres.

theres castle black belt academy in meersbrook/heely (valley road)... that does ju-jitsu and kickboxing.. and its just down the road from you.

thats all i know around the area im afraid.

Castle Black belt academy is taught by a few friends of mine: Ross pettifer and James Sheehan.

I cant comment on how good the club is but they are nice lads.

RE: other martial arts/kickboxing in woodseats, I dont really know any others but my own kickboxing club:

http://www.sheffieldkickboxingclub.com

is in the town centre near the devonshire cat pub if people are willing to travel.No direct debits , No contracts pure and simple pay your £4 per class. If you decideyou dont want to stick to it you dont need to stay tied to a contract.

Castle Black belt academy is taught by a few friends of mine: Ross pettifer and James Sheehan.

yeah the names ring bells, im sure they have thrown me around before... was a friendly place..cept for 1 tutor who was an arse... dont know if id say the teaching was good or not...it was laid back which i like...but in the end moving house and a tutor i didnt appreicate made me give up training.

Archived