Did anyone here work for Kent Panda?

OneofThree

There are quite a few Newton Chambers threads on this forum but none have mentioned Kent Panda.

For those that don't know, they were the electric floor polishing division of Newton Chambers. They made those floor polishers with the rotating pad on the bottom that you need quite a bit of skill to operate.

Does anyone out there remember them or worked for them?

Names like the 'Pandamatic' should bring back memories.

When did production of Kent Panda's finish. Are there some still around?

• 5 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was a representative for Kent Panda from 1973 to 1975. Used to sell the equipment throughout Yorkshire to Hospital and Education authorities and businesses as well as social clubs and the like.

Had to demonstrate the machines which, yes, took a bit of getting used to.

However I could soon show a ha'pless new operative how clever I was!

Peter

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Kent Panda was, I believe, a small section within the Engineering Division at NC. It did not arrive on the scene until around 1960. There were three divisions at Newton Chambers --Excavator, Chemicals and Engineering. Excavator had links with Ransome & Rapier at Ipswich, the Chemicals Division included the famous Izal factory, and Engineering included a number of units. Newton Chambers at Thorncliffe was a terrific firm.

Archived