Read my story about Hyde Park flats!

anyone else used to live on hyde park?

i was there for a short while following the refurbishment in 1992. i moved there from kelvin flats and after hyde park i went to park hill.

if you wanna read the story, it's here:

http://www.freewebs.com/hydeparkflats/

:thumbsup:

I lived there in the Sixties, overlooking the Dog Track...I used to go in the "Park Gardeners Club" in the main courtyard, and I remember it being opened by the Queen Mum and She had to sign in while the Doorman saluted and stood to attention....Is the Club still there???

I lived there in the Sixties, overlooking the Dog Track...I used to go in the "Park Gardeners Club" in the main courtyard, and I remember it being opened by the Queen Mum and She had to sign in while the Doorman saluted and stood to attention....Is the Club still there???

here's the queen mum's plaque!:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/sheffieldarchives/hyde%20park%20flats/hydeparkplaque.jpg

:)

the PG club was rebuilt in the 1990s, opposite St John's Church, near the junction od cricket-inn Road and Bernard road.

This is at least the third incarnation of the PGC, as there was a PGC on the "old" park district, in the maze of back-to-back housing.

Then the second (iirc) incarnation was on the largest block at Hyde park flats. This one was lost in the 90s when HPF was partially demolished, and the latest model was built, near the church.

the PG club was rebuilt in the 1990s, opposite St John's Church, near the junction od cricket-inn Road and Bernard road.

it was just outside my window! the new building looked like someone's house. so much so that a couple of mates stood at my window and said "hey that's a nice house"....

pete,

I'm really wanting to read your writings, but I can't click on the individual chapters, and read them :cry:

please :help:?

ooops! my fault for confusing design!

the chapters you need to click aren't the ones in the big long list on the home page, but are on the right.

so far only chapter one is written, so only chapter one on the right can be clicked!

tonight i am uploading chapter two.

tomorrow chapter three will be ready.

and so on....hope this helps!

ooops! my fault for confusing design!

the chapters you need to click aren't the ones in the big long list on the home page, but are on the right.

so far only chapter one is written, so only chapter one on the right can be clicked!

tonight i am uploading chapter two.

tomorrow chapter three will be ready.

and so on....hope this helps!

:clap: :clap: fabbo, pete. TY, I'm looking forward to reading "chapter the first".... :clap: :clap:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived