Irish Pubs in Sheffield

The Hartland is (has) opened under a new name and they are definitely showing GAA

The Heartland was very much open on St Patricks day (my patron saint !) and it seems a good place to go - although I definitely favour irish music night at the DOg and Parrot on monday nights ...

Any self respecting person ,Irish or otherwise, would not go anywhere near the heartland (as it was known) as it was the only provision in history to have funding taken away from the Irish government.This was money identified to help the most needy in a community project.

There is a police inquiry ongoing also into fraud and there is a report compiled by previous board members which was given to the Insolvency practioner and if anyone wishes for a copy I can send with pleasure.

Any self respecting person ,Irish or otherwise, would not go anywhere near the heartland (as it was known) as it was the only provision in history to have funding taken away from the Irish government.This was money identified to help the most needy in a community project.

There is a police inquiry ongoing also into fraud and there is a report compiled by previous board members which was given to the Insolvency practioner and if anyone wishes for a copy I can send with pleasure.

This was my impression, and that the pub would be far from an Irish pub, when it re-opened after it was shut as the Irish Heartland.

Of course, it should be remembered that teams from the Six Counties play GAA sports, so maybe the reported people who run the place now (inferred from another thread) MAY be showing GAA matches.

Archived