Grindleford Station Cafe

kezza

I was a fan of this place, until we went there on just before the last general election. And he was displaying an entire wall of BNP propaganda. His grumpiness I found funny, but not his racism!

It's always important to find out the cafe owner's political views before you order a bacon sandwich.

I have recently changed the place I go to for a full English breakfast as I discovered one of the waitresses has misgivings about closer links with Europe.

I went a couple of weeks ago and its a lovely place with decent food but that bloke really is strange!!!

As soon as we approached the door I knew we were in for a weird experience with the sign saying something along the lines of:

'No mobiles, No hoodies, No prams and No irresponsible parents!'

I cant believe how many signs there actually are!

I had to use my phone to help direct a friend to the cafe as she had got lost and he shouted at me that Id interfere with the 'machinery'.....I was outside next to the car!

He also commented to one of my friends that he didnt usually let people in who wear 'hoodies'...shes 35 and was wearing it as it was a miserable day, spotting with rain!

Lovely sandwiches though!!!

• 8 months later...
Anybody know what time Grindeford Station Cafe opens at the weekends? Going for an early morning walk on Saturday and we wanted to get some breakfast first.

Thanks

ye 8:30am everyday, we close at 5:00pm on weekends and 4:00pm in the week.

Archived