People in toilets handing out towels

PaulV

they have loo attendants in walkabout in doncaster (i tend to go out drinking more there than sheff) & to be honest i'd rather them be there. they have a little table with hair products on & purfume, combs etc & even tho you have to pay for these things i've never payed alot. you dont walk in to a cubicle & there be toilet paper all over the floor or blocking the toilet up & there is always toilet paper in the despenser, it smells nice, the floors & toilets are clean, the lady is always smiling & really nice & chatty. i'd defo them be there to be honest & at the end of the day it is abnother job, another job for someone in sheffield or dancaster so why complain!

I think there's a definite difference between toilet attendents (those who clean the toilets and ensure sanitry conditions), and people selling aftershave/soap/sweets/hair products.

I have no problem with the former, they ensure the toilets are clean and take a small tip for their services. Its something that's moved accross from Europe and seems to work over there.

The latter make me feel uncomfortable, they take up a large proportion of the washbasin area and can sometimes make you feel somewhat intimidated. I'm not sure what the deal is, whether the bars/clubs pay them.. or as I suspect they just let them use the space. Its also quite strange that they are all of African origin.

Originally posted by Tony

Are you serious about the above?

Did Vodka Revolution have a team of specially imported Nigerians that were never allowed out of the toilets and shipped around the country for this special task?

I agree that it wouldn't be a career of choice, but so what?

It's hardly 3rd world child labour

Surely they would have never been granted a work permit for such a job, that is of course had Vodka Revolution applied for one.

The only logical explanation would be that they are dependants of someone.

Originally posted by Andy C

I find that in toilets with such staff, lads including myself actually make a break for the exit without washing hands just to avoid the attendant - and I'm normally obsessive about washing hands after using toilet.

Don't worry too much about that Andy, stage 2 of the process is designed so that the blokes using these bogs don't need to wash their hands afterwards. Have you got my drift yet?

:rolleyes:

Also have them in Varsity on West Street, although it seems a little hit and miss, sometimes they're there, sometimes they're not. Doesn't particularly make much difference to me either way, if I'm feeling generous I'll have a spray of cool water and drop them a bob or two, otherwise I'll just wash my hands, say no thank you, and be about my drinking.

And yes, them being African matters how exactly?

LOL Toilet attendants are cropping up everywhere these days. If you go down south you are likely to find a lot more. I even found one in a toilet in Newquay "Freshen up for dem ponani" were his exact words. They are there generally to make sure the toilets are ok.

Archived