Anyone from Gleadless?

paul claire and joy addinal ?tracy shane lee and brett scott ?

Oh god. I remember them. My Sister Rebecca used to be great friends with Claire and Tracy; I had quite a crush on the elder sister!I remember the Scotts as being the local bullies; though Lee was decent enough. And it was just a childhood thing. They all mellowed as they got older.

Miss Longbottom was my teacher! I have fond memories of that school. Miss Vickers never bothered me much but my sister was also scared of her. I remember Jam Jar Jamieson as well. He was great especially after the old disciplinarian who used to be headmaster. I lived on Overend way too, one of the houses.

I was in Miss Longbottom's class in1969, in my first year at Constable road. I then went into Mrs Brown's class. She and Miss Vickers were the "2nd-year" teachers at that time. Miss Vickers seemed very severe but she was a good teacher, who really encouraged kids who wanted to learn. I remember going to her with a question, aged six, and she helped me research the answer.

Pete Frost still lives on the Valley - Spotswood Rd. The last time I saw him was at the funeral of Alan Fell's wife, who sadly passed away after a long illness. Alan was my best man, and I was his. We used to DJ together at the Royal Oak at Intake (mid 70's) and quite a few other pubs around that area.

Before that, my "partner in crime" was Philip Brook (pud) who you may remember. He was a "rocker" and had some quite large cc bikes in his time. He lived on Fleury. Unfortunately Phil is no longer with us either.

Mick Siddall is another name I recognise, he had a sister called Christine who I had the hots for at one stage - though she didn't fancy me !

We used to play a lot of footie at the bottom of Hurlfield hill (before they altered the road and took the bend out). Does the name Trevor Fox ring a bell ? He used to live next door to Pete Frost on Plowright.

I'm still on the Valley. These days I live on Gaunt. Mum lives near the Far Lees pub (sadly now closed) and my sister is also on that side of the Valley.

I went to school with Trevor Fox and Phillip Brookes.I'm so sad now that i've read he's passed away.Brings it home to you don't it

Hi there !

I have lived on the "Valley" since 1978 - a bit later than you are interested in

but thought you would like to know it's still there and not much changed I

suspect. Loads of people have bought their houses and so not everything

looks the same, but the basics are still there. I live in the dip by the bridge on Blackstock Road, the Horse and Groom not far away. The "John Of Gaunt"

has a chequered history, keeps getting closed down by the police for harbouring the unwanted - but there you g:thumbsup: o that's life.

an update on the john of gaunt pub is theres no trouble there at all now as the biggest motorcycle club around has bought it and they keep it well as its there clubhouse , and motor bikes are built up in the best room now in a club members side only , and i lived on the valley since it was built . t jarman.

The Slacks are relations of mine and they have only one son and his name is Tony and I think he would be around 50 now.

would like to hear from slacky as we called him , ask him if he still can remember me trev jarman . still remember when he bought his 1st motorbike lol.

Hi Marie1951, my name is Craig and I was born on plowright mount in 1962. I dont know if you will know me but I used to use a thing called a wizzbang because of having only half a leg. I lived on the same block as Andrew Croxton and Zoe Pashley. I used to play football with my hands. I think this sight that you have set up looks really good and Im sure to keep using it. Im new at all this though, so be patient with me if I get things wrong. :)

hiya craig, god its been ages since i spoke to you , i lived on plowright mount in the tower house that faced the car turn around , my brother mark was a spastic in his legs and was always having opps to try and fix them but no luck .

Hi smurf,

i remember you, you lived on the maisonettes opposite paddock hill didn't you ? we used to play football on the little triangle before they rerouted gleadless road, do you remember trevor fox and the jarmans from down that way ?.

hiya playman, if you knew foxy and me ( trevor jarman ) then who are you ? its so sad when i think that we watched the houses go up and the fields go. but know its not the same is it . we used to stay out playing till dark and then sit and tell ghost stories to scare us in and off to bed lol