Anyone from Gleadless?

Originally posted by davep

Hi Littleboo.

Don't remember Geoff, but once went to their house and found that Fred's bedroom was even more of a tip (with bits of radio gear all over) than mine was at home.

Aaah Memories.

that sounds about right, his wife still moans that their garage and shed are both full of junk, lol

My grandad was the same right up until he died, he used to have his own junk room, he used to spend hours in there fixing things, televisions etc...and then Fred would turn up and they would argue about how to fix it!!

Both very clever blokes,but no time to tidy up, lol.

Anyone remember the sunday afternoon footie games on the grass just above and opposite the far lees, all the locals used to come and play, we would also play opposite the middle hay view maisonnettes across leighton, the garages opposite the wyvern and before they altered gleadless road at the bottom where the grass meets the buck wood, this was long before they built buckwood view or the wmc, we would also play up on ashleigh as well with the smell of the pig farm blowing acroos the playing fields.

anyone remember the hinchcliffe's from middle hay place there was quite a few of us, kevin, barry, ian, paul, anthony, jonathan & shaun. ?

Originally posted by THOMPSON

HI I LIVED ON THE GLEADLESS VALLEY FROM 1956 UNTIL 1967 FIRST ON BLACKSTOCK RD AND THEN MOVED TO GAUNT RD IN 1962. IT WAS A GREAT PLACE TO GROW UP WITH PLENTY OF GREENERY IN GRAVES PARK ETC.

I WENT TO GLEADLESS VALLEY SEC AND REMEMBER MOST OF THE

TEACHERS ROACH,HUGHES (HEAD),CLAYTON, SMEDLEY,PROCTOR(WITH HEARING AID)AND UPERDINE.

What about spot, johnson and bottleneck

Went to visit my mum Sunday. She was telling me her milkman used to live on the maisonettes on Leighton Rd just past the bottom of Fleury. Name was Hills (or Mills) lived upstairs on end. It turns out he had 2 sisters who were in my sister's class at school, and their next door neighbours were the mother and father of my mum's next door neighbour now. To add to this Deja vous type coincidence, his mum and dad now live on Farmstead Close, on the same block as my Mum used to live !

Small world, ain't it.