Anyone from Gleadless?

its still a nice looking area too, lots of greenery around. all areas have a bad lot. Not the fault of decent people that there are some bad folk living there. some people need to wash their windows and open their curtains a bit more,(take heed maisonettes next to wyvern) but apart from that its ok. not worse than most places and better than some others. I for one would stand up for the valley. we all should. dont' be negative about it. why look on down side all the time. why be a victor meldrew. life too short

I know people living on Middlehay Place and often pop over to see them. Okay quite a few of the edging stones atop the walls seem to go walkabout and some body seems to like riding a mini motorbike down some of the steps in the area that doesn't do them [the steps] much good but I'd never refer to the place as a dump I can think of far grottier places.

I used to live on middle hay place we moved there in 1961 and it was a great place to grow up, my mum was still there up to 3 years ago until she passed away and she loved the place as we all did, every area has seen the changes over the years with the council funding less and less repairs and rather than dealing with problems they just moved them on. It is the same on many new estates, that because of their newness they can be left alone for many years before anyone thinks about any repairs/improvements/modernisation need doing, like many other places throughout sheffield the lack of youth opportunities like clubs/meeting places/things to do means that some groups will form and find things to do legal or not.

Do not completely blame these, try and think how many youth clubs have closed down due to funding cutbacks etc...

• 1 month later...

I was born on Gleadless Road at 930, which is now called Southclose farm I think, in 1948. We lived there with my grandparents and my Grandad Bird had one of the traction engines that used to supply the power for the threshing and harvesting in the farms in the area. I think its a home for people with learning difficulties now.