Anyone from Gleadless?

Would that be Pete Eason? who went on to be a singer in a band called The Negatives? And I remember a girl called Laurie Moyses, gorgeous looking girl.

Yes thats the one. and Laurie, yes, I used to live a few doors down from her when she lived at home. do you remember she was in a bad accident and broke both legs? she married a fine man, who unfortunately died of a brain haemorrage (?). She had a son to him and much later remarried and had another son. she still lives in Sheffield

I used to hang around with the Negatives, I even DJ'd for them once when they played the KGB (old Abbeydale cinema) and the DJ for the night was late, so I stood in for him!

I seem to remember Laurie's husband dying on a football pitch, or am I getting mixed up with someone else? I am glad she has found someone else, I only ever knew her briefly when I was about 13 years old, so you can tell how good looking she was if I still remember her!!!!

yes that was me and still is

and dont forget the other classic "nostril picking time for Herbert"

god when will they release these :P

And of course that all time classic......O UFO ( F O stood for something...)

Who was that Radio Hallam DJ that you used to write to for requests? I think he had a Monday night show and played Punk stuff??

Whatever happened to Herbert???

Yes thats the one. and Laurie, yes, I used to live a few doors down from her when she lived at home. do you remember she was in a bad accident and broke both legs? she married a fine man, who unfortunately died of a brain haemorrage (?). She had a son to him and much later remarried and had another son. she still lives in Sheffield

Mick didnt die on a football pitch, he passed away in hospital with Laurie by his side, such a tragic waste. Laurie gave me Micks wallet which I will always keep.

Edited by lazarus

And of course that all time classic......O UFO ( F O stood for something...)

Who was that Radio Hallam DJ that you used to write to for requests? I think he had a Monday night show and played Punk stuff??

Whatever happened to Herbert???

god you remember more than me !!!

the guy was Martin Kelner (still broadcasting I believe)

As for Herbert I saw him just after xmas shopping in Craggy Peaks with his missus and family told me he had been married for 23 yrs god and I thought i had it bad with 20 years (hope the wife doesn't see this)

you will have to pm me and we can chat further

Stodge

I used to hang around with the Negatives, I even DJ'd for them once when they played the KGB (old Abbeydale cinema) and the DJ for the night was late, so I stood in for him!

I seem to remember Laurie's husband dying on a football pitch, or am I getting mixed up with someone else? I am glad she has found someone else, I only ever knew her briefly when I was about 13 years old, so you can tell how good looking she was if I still remember her!!!!

Mick didnt die on a football pitch, he passed away in hospital with Laurie by his side, such a tragic waste. Laurie gave me Micks wallet which I will always keep.

yes I think I was getting him mixed up with someone else who married a girl from that area.

So Gary now lives on Overend. Who did he end up marrying?

Mark White is he still on Overend too?

What about the rest of the Sullivans- Jean and Mick the parents and maureen,jean,Patricia,mick and Jimmy are they all well and still living locally. Great family the Sullivans I remember them fondly.

YEP they're all still living on the valley none of them have moved apart from john who lives in London, Jimmy is still causing havoc and is as mad as a hatter...lol :thumbsup: