Anyone from Gleadless?

• 4 weeks later...

hi - not sure if you are still out there - but i am one of the Moyses girls - youngest Joanne! Who are you - have been fascinated reading all messages and hearing old names mentioned - particularly enjoyed hearing and remembering Taggy's ice cream - used to love it - best ice cream ever made. Would love to hear from anyone who remembers me or my sisters.

Got to say growing up on G.V was a great experience. Reading all your posts brings back fond memories of people and places. I have not been back to the valley for over 20 years and feel sorrow at its demise.

I lived on Overend Drive and would hang around with John Sullivan, Andrew Roper and then Mark White. Of course there was the likes of Sharon Fletcher and Tina Marsden to keep us smiling..

When we grew up to our drinking days the Horse and Groom and the John O' Gaunt where the ones. Then we lost Daryl Wilde and Mark Bell ( Belley ) along the way R.I.P. We loved the Valley and lived for the weekends Friday at the Limit or the Crazy Daisy,Saturdays at the Rank ( Top Rank). Always on the late night bus home it was great, brilliant banter fuelled by copeous amounts of alcohol and there was never really any **** it did not matter if you came from Heally, Newfeild or G.V....... Great Times!!

Anyone know any news about Glenn Robinson, Glynn Machin, Phil Rose Mick Lindley, Craig Schemelled, Steve and Paul Senior, Gary Carr, Mark Platts, Gary Scholley and Anthoney Neil. They would all be about 42 to 46 years old now.

Take Care

Deano

Great memories Deano of all those clubs - those were the days! - am still in touch with Steve and Paul Seniors Mum - not sure about any of the other guys.

Thats them all

Well that shows that the old memory is still working ok!!! Your dad used to go to the Cricket Club up near the water tower for a drink. Who remembers the water tower being open on bank holidays?

I know John parr, he still goes drinking in the heeley and Sheffield last time i knew, some of you might know my dad, Banger (Gary Barber) and his missus Joanne Harrop they both went to Valley.

I knew Banger, he used to live over the road from Herdings Park, he was in the same year as Hoppy, Muggy, Eddie, Barney and Dingo I think?