Anyone from Gleadless?

I lived in Farmstead Close from around 1962 with my sisters Julie & Gill and went to Rollestone School. Was best friends with Francis Keiran who lived next store. We moved 1966 but remember having great bonfires around 5th November - it was OK in those days. Julie went to Hurfield girls.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi I'm Vicki &my Dad was Gordon so was my brother,who are you?

The woods were great and not like that other person remembers at all

hello vicki spent many a happy hour at the side of your house playing football with the woods, your gordon ,hinchcliffes,etc guess who.:suspect:

hello vicki spent many a happy hour at the side of your house playing football with the woods, your gordon ,hinchcliffes,etc guess who.:suspect:

Let me one of my little brothers adorable mates

Carl ??

Mark

Peter

My guess is Carl!!!!!!

V

I think that was the block opposit ours where Janice Kay and Jane Tomlinson lived and I think Diane Fisher lived on the block attached.

There was a family with lots of girls and 1 boy who died when he was about 12 I remember it very clearly as it was our house the hospital rang as not many people had phones then which must have been around 1970.

The games of football cricket rounders were great though my dad wasn't always so keen when the ball kept hitting our lounge window, I think 1 of the hinchcliffes broke it once and my dad made me go with him to their house cause he didn't know where it was very embarrasing.

Did you go to Ashleigh then, are you my age or Gordons?

I think that was the block opposit ours where Janice Kay and Jane Tomlinson lived and I think Diane Fisher lived on the block attached.

There was a family with lots of girls and 1 boy who died when he was about 12 I remember it very clearly as it was our house the hospital rang as not many people had phones then which must have been around 1970.

The games of football cricket rounders were great though my dad wasn't always so keen when the ball kept hitting our lounge window, I think 1 of the hinchcliffes broke it once and my dad made me go with him to their house cause he didn't know where it was very embarrasing.

Did you go to Ashleigh then, are you my age or Gordons?

The boy who died was rodney hurd hope your keeping well vicki see your gordy now and then do a few jobs with woody {pete} and yes you guessed right. Iam a part time brain surgeon with the council at the moment you know sorting out all the nutters from the nutters:loopy::loopy::loopy:

Hi Carl I think it's thanks to you I'm on the site Gordon told me all about it and how you laughed at Pete .

I to work for the Council, but in Planning looking after all the lovely listed buildings in our area.

Gord and Lins coming to see me this weekend so maybe he'll join in.

Are you married I am still to Chris who I met at 14 and have 2 beautiful girls what about you any kids?

It's a great site for an expat like me brought back some good times !

Vx

:hihi:

Hi Carl I think it's thanks to you I'm on the site Gordon told me all about it and how you laughed at Pete .

I to work for the Council, but in Planning looking after all the lovely listed buildings in our area.

Gord and Lins coming to see me this weekend so maybe he'll join in.

Are you married I am still to Chris who I met at 14 and have 2 beautiful girls what about you any kids?

It's a great site for an expat like me brought back some good times !

Vx

Yes Ive been married for 23 years I also have two daughters ones 21 and my youngest is 18 going on 40 if you know what i mean. 23 years some of the train robbers didn,t get that only kidding. :hihi: michelle thats wifes name do you think she deserves a medal or what:loopy: anyway give my regards to your gordy at weekend hope you all have a good one dont have to many beers i wouldn,t :hihi: see ya:wave:

Hello Iconstan

do you remember me. I lived on the large maisonette block on Farmstead, next to the staicase ?

I remember playing footie with Francis. We used to knock around with Trevor Fox and Pete Frost from Plowright.