Anyone from Gleadless?

• 2 weeks later...

Iv written here before, but, no one seems to know me LOL... oh well, i lived on the Gleadless Valley from about 1957 to 1973, but my mum lived there until she passed away 2yrs ago. Plowright Close, went to Gleadless Valley Sec Mod school.

• 2 weeks later...
Iv written here before, but, no one seems to know me LOL... oh well, i lived on the Gleadless Valley from about 1957 to 1973, but my mum lived there until she passed away 2yrs ago. Plowright Close, went to Gleadless Valley Sec Mod school.
I was going to try to get some up-to-date photos for you wasn't I ............ but I forgot all about them. Sorry.:blush::sad:

By the way, I lived on Plowright Drive 61-68 and went to GV.

• 3 weeks later...

Davep, do you remember these names, pete frost, into heavy metal, led zep. stephen lee, mick siddall, mick hinchcliffe, john mac elwayn, garry marshall, peter cundy! played for sheff u juniors, his girlfriend was called lister. susan i think. gail browne, tina fletcher, lynne bunting, stuart powell, mick shaw, he joined the army. lynne blackwell, popcorn! I was on overend ... next to the woods and the road to the power substation. left in 72/73 joined the booties and then the navy, went to the central tec/ ashleigh. many more names in here somewhere!, alan fell , wendy morris. When i was there we had a group of hells angels living in one of the garages. we used to go enmass to the silver blades, about 20 of us if my memory is correct.

Pete Frost still lives on the Valley - Spotswood Rd. The last time I saw him was at the funeral of Alan Fell's wife, who sadly passed away after a long illness. Alan was my best man, and I was his. We used to DJ together at the Royal Oak at Intake (mid 70's) and quite a few other pubs around that area.

Before that, my "partner in crime" was Philip Brook (pud) who you may remember. He was a "rocker" and had some quite large cc bikes in his time. He lived on Fleury. Unfortunately Phil is no longer with us either.

Mick Siddall is another name I recognise, he had a sister called Christine who I had the hots for at one stage - though she didn't fancy me !

We used to play a lot of footie at the bottom of Hurlfield hill (before they altered the road and took the bend out). Does the name Trevor Fox ring a bell ? He used to live next door to Pete Frost on Plowright.

I'm still on the Valley. These days I live on Gaunt. Mum lives near the Far Lees pub (sadly now closed) and my sister is also on that side of the Valley.