Anyone from Gleadless?

Bet you know my brother , Lee rodgers , we both went to valley i was few yrs younger than him , but i was at valley as lee was in his last year , i reckon you will know the name hogg, rhodes , wade ect i think they was some lads in his year .

I was in the same year as them all. Lee lived around the corner from me on Adastral Avenue. Terry lived on Blackstock Road and Tim lived on Blackstock Crescent and I think Brett lived on the Herdings.

I lived on Middle Hay View and we often used the grass across road from the Far Lees. We also played football on Fleury Crescent grassed area and also garages. We moved onto Middle Hay View in 63, and it was just a football mad area. I know there were 3 who played for Sheffield boys who came off Middle Hay View. 1 FROM Middle Hay close played for Sheffield boys, and 2 played for England boys who came off Fleury Crescent. This doesn't include many others who played for their Schools like Rollestone, Herdings and Ashleigh. We had some good times and kickabouts could be very competitive.

Still live here but don't see so many playing football these days.

Anyone remember the sunday afternoon footie games on the grass just above and opposite the far lees, all the locals used to come and play, we would also play opposite the middle hay view maisonnettes across leighton, the garages opposite the wyvern and before they altered gleadless road at the bottom where the grass meets the buck wood, this was long before they built buckwood view or the wmc, we would also play up on ashleigh as well with the smell of the pig farm blowing acroos the playing fields.

anyone remember the hinchcliffe's from middle hay place there was quite a few of us, kevin, barry, ian, paul, anthony, jonathan & shaun. ?

I lived in Blackstock Drive from 1955 to 1981. When we first moved the nearest bus was at Graves Park and I used to walk there and back every day - not so bad during the summer but murder in the winter.

Used to enjoy going in the Bagshawe when it was a proper pub i.e. before Yates. Spent many happy hours in the Norton Oaks cricket pavilion drinking an excellent pint of Mansfield.

you most remmember cobbler joe lived on mawfa drank in the baggie and the cricket club had some brill times in there like you say when it was a pub

• 3 weeks later...
i remember craig in his wheel chair down leighton road he was faster than the cars

craig used to go out with michelle crooks i used to hang round with her when we lived on adastrel ave there was about 10 of us of there and used to play on norton in hangers and that some good memorys really