Anyone from Gleadless?

• 1 year later...
they have to be some one in this forum who was living in gleadless valley from 1962 to 1970 :D

i lived there when it was first built dont know the year lived on guant rd on the bottom maissenet on the first block up from the bridge cant rember a lot of names but can remember playiong with a load of kids when they was doing some flats and putting my arms in a tar barrel and dad doing his nut also went thro a plate glass window and had stitches in my wrist happy memories rember having a lot of fun

---------- Post added 22-08-2015 at 11:17 ----------

hi spanner dont know if you are the trever i rember i was margaret surr and the same age as you i can rember a trever who went rolleingstone school so would have been in the same class

• 1 year later...
Went out with Lorraine Askam, but really fancied Lorraine Transfield.

I went out with Lorraine Transfield in 1966, i was her first boyfriend and she was my first girlfriend we were both 14/15 yrs old at the time. Went to Gleadless Valley Sec Mod. Later went out with Carol Grubb who was Lorraine Askams best friend she was going out with Paul Hancock at the time. Do you remember Susan Morrel, she was one year older than me, what a stunner. Also Rita Walsham just as nice. Paul Fisher was the hardest in the school. Kenny Gill, have a picture of him in the school football team 1966. Dave Rodgers sister went out with Dave Berry. Eric was a friend of mine he lived on the Herdings, he kept a greenfinch in a cage in his kitchen, went out with Pat Cheetham for a time. Les Cunningham, wasn't his nickname Ringo? Lindsey Bartram, there's another! God there was loads.

Great Days.

Edited by windswept

I was at Gleadless County junior school with a Susan Morrell, guess it must have been the same one; she would have been born about 1949. All I can remember is medium-brown hair. I didn't think she was a stunner, but then I was only 11 when I left the school and still far more interested in trains! (Though I do have a slight memory of a crush on a girl in my class called Barbara Douthwaite, or perhaps Dalphwaite, when I was about nine!)

I was at Gleadless County junior school with a Susan Morrell, guess it must have been the same one; she would have been born about 1949. All I can remember is medium-brown hair. I didn't think she was a stunner, but then I was only 11 when I left the school and still far more interested in trains! (Though I do have a slight memory of a crush on a girl in my class called Barbara Douthwaite, or perhaps Dalphwaite, when I was about nine!)

susan was blonde, you should have seen her 5yrs later, you would'nt have been interested in trains

---------- Post added 22-01-2017 at 19:40 ----------

For Windswept

Knew all those you mentioned and one or two were mates at one time. Guess we hung around in the same circles

did ronnie severs live in your block, did you know lawrence henry