Anyone from Gleadless?

Bit rushed answering the last post. Yeah I knew all the people mentioned including ronnie and lawrence. lawrence, if I recall, lived just up from the bridge by the horse and groom, at the bottom of spotswood drive. looking to be back in Sheffield for a long weekend next month, might have a drive around town on nostalgia trip!

Do you have prince buster 45s on Bluebeat records

About 100 Blue Beats (not all by Buster of course - Derrick Morgan etc.), a similar number of singles on the Fab label which replaced Blue Beat, and 30 or so on the Prince Buster label, plus most of the LPs. I'm always interested in getting hold of more! Perhaps continue this conversation by P.M. if you're interested, otherwise we'll send everyone else to sleep.

About 100 Blue Beats (not all by Buster of course - Derrick Morgan etc.), a similar number of singles on the Fab label which replaced Blue Beat, and 30 or so on the Prince Buster label, plus most of the LPs. I'm always interested in getting hold of more! Perhaps continue this conversation by P.M. if you're interested, otherwise we'll send everyone else to sleep.

Ive been sending people to sleep with n soul ska etc since 1967 not going to stop now. derrick morgan don't call me daddy,

Ive been sending people to sleep with n soul ska etc since 1967 not going to stop now. derrick morgan don't call me daddy,

Yep, backed with 'Girls Town Ska' - I have that on Ska Beat - one of the first bluebeat records I bought (after Al Capone and Phoenix City, I think) after it had been played a lot on pirate radio. I was already buying soul too, with the Sue label being my favourite.

I think we have migrated to the wrong thread - this started on the "Fairground Music" thread, didn't it?

Yep, backed with 'Girls Town Ska' - I have that on Ska Beat - one of the first bluebeat records I bought (after Al Capone and Phoenix City, I think) after it had been played a lot on pirate radio. I was already buying soul too, with the Sue label being my favourite.

I think we have migrated to the wrong thread - this started on the "Fairground Music" thread, didn't it?

I had it on Ska beat,BaBa Brooks on flip,the centre was missing which was a shame, I think they were my first two, plus Guns of Naverone,I was given the Ska Beat along with One eyed giant and Desmond Dekkar[spelled that way on the record ] Dracular not bad eh

---------- Post added 24-01-2017 at 12:51 ----------

Yep! lost me on this thread. No idea on the music

Sorry iv'e jumped threads for some reason, The only time i go to Sheffield is to see wednesday or my family. I drove though the estate a while ago from near the bagshawe arms along the 28 bus route to newfield green,On the way back i drove up blackstock then up gaunt rd where i first lived,The maisonettes have gone and the area is overgrown.Was still good to see.

Its very rare for me to go. Next month will be only the second time in a year I guess. Its been just too far to travel really. One uncle, one aunt, one cousin and two nephews are all I have left of immediate family in Sheffield. If you lived on Gaunt Road did you know Rita Jordan, she used to sing on the clubs etc as Susan St Clair.

Its very rare for me to go. Next month will be only the second time in a year I guess. Its been just too far to travel really. One uncle, one aunt, one cousin and two nephews are all I have left of immediate family in Sheffield. If you lived on Gaunt Road did you know Rita Jordan, she used to sing on the clubs etc as Susan St Clair.

No sorry, we moved to near the Bagshawe Arms in 63/64,I then moved to Manchester in 1970.I met up with Phil Dawtry for a drink in the Nailmakers arms somtime in the late 70ts apart from that i haven't seen anyone for nearly 50yrs so sad to hear of his passing.What a laugh great lad, proper nutter he won't mind me saying that.Does anybody have any stories about phil,. ones you can print.Loved living on Gaunt rd, riding the horses in farmers field,looking for golf balls,being chased by Derek the greenkeeper, big rope swing,looking for birds eggs,building tree houses, Raiding other bonfires for wood,The hills on the estate made sledging great in winter good times