What is the longest you have stayed awake for?

John

Whilst it is early in the morning!!!

The most was aboiut 38 hours. After coming from the night club I spent the next 24 hours playing a board game called talisman for children in need and managed to raise £120 for them.

What is the longest you have stayed awake for? and why?

I did a 60-hour sponsored stay-awake once. However I was awake for about 2-3 hours before I started and about another hour after I finished, so the total was probably about 64 hours.

I would think it's pretty impossible to do much more than this, as there comes a point where your body just shuts down automatically. I did it all without any sleep at all. Unlike the contestants on C4's 'Shattered' who were actually allowed two hours sleep every night. Even with just two hours sleep, it's possible to last a lot longer. I had a job a while back where I got betwwen 3 & 4 hours sleep a night and survived for months like that.

As a good friend of mine once said, 'There's plenty of time for sleeping when you're dead!'

two stints at 40+ hours.

one was holiday related, left Ibiza at midnight, dont sleep on planes, got home at 8am had a fry up and spent a normal post holiday day. slept like a baby that night tho.

the other was after a charity walk that went thru the night, again had a fry up and spent the next day sorting my blisters

Archived