What is the longest you have stayed awake for?

John

• 7 years later...

I've currently been awake for 42 hours, I still can't sleep as I have to drive to Heathrow and back in about an hours time, when i was in my 20's i found staying awake easy, but bizarrely now in my 30's it does seem more difficult for me to saty awake even though now on the whole have less sleep?

I've currently been awake for 42 hours, I still can't sleep as I have to drive to Heathrow and back in about an hours time, when i was in my 20's i found staying awake easy, but bizarrely now in my 30's it does seem more difficult for me to saty awake even though now on the whole have less sleep?

That is as dangerous as driving drunk or drugged, and you come on a Forum to mention it? Glad I don't have to be anywhere on the roads today with idiots like you on them.

3 days with out proper sleep, I was in the army and we were on a training exercise I think I might have shut my eyes while I was stood up but I think it was about 3 days and nights with out sleep my head was buzzing like mad and my legs were like jelly, not something I would like to do again in a rush.

3 days and nights on Stanford Training Area 1990. By the the end of it there were tortoises everywhere I looked and I remember thinking "blimey, I didn't know tortoises were native to Norfolk ... never mind, though, where are those bleedin' Ghurkas gonna come from".

Archived