Do you sort things in order?

John

Some are grouped by artist and year of album release.

So Parachutes and ROBTTH are next to each other as they are both Coldplay.

Pablo Honey, The Bends, OK Computer, Kid A, Amensiac, HTTT. (All grouped together). Yet Dire Straits isn't next to Coldplay-they are somewhere else in the collection with Alchemy, Bros. In Arms .

Then somewhere else you have: Automatic For The People and In Time (1988-2003) REM.

There again that's only the boxes - the CDs are in the wallets. But I like to keep the boxes.

Alex

Originally posted by Phanerothyme

nope. Whats the point?

I throw all my CD cases away after purchase and store music CDs in large wallets, where browsing them is a snap.

Apart from that everything and more is on the computer, and I simply cue up tracks in Winamp on my mobile and listen to them on FM stereo downstairs (or anywhere in Nether Edge that I choose). Ah technology!

Wait, you actually still buy CDs? At a store?! You're living in the past! :) Why not just purchase your music online and download it.

I've given up on buying CDs. The storage technology is decades old. Ugly stack of plastic that just kept growing.

The music is automatically sorted on the computer.

Originally posted by dagobah

Wait, you actually still buy CDs? At a store?! You're living in the past! :) Why not just purchase your music online and download it.

I've given up on buying CDs. The storage technology is decades old. Ugly stack of plastic that just kept growing.

The music is automatically sorted on the computer.

Until your hard drive fails and you lose the lot cos you didnt have a hard copy of it on a CD/DVD somewhere, as very nearly happened to me recently.

I hate to be a bit of a saddo but the only thing I have sorted in order is my large collection of Ladybird books and kids TV annuals/books.

The Ladybird books are sorted into series ie: 1a 1b 1c etc and groups such as Science etc. The annuals are sorted in dates, eldest at bottom, newest at top.

Sometimes I worry that I have too much time on my hands!!

Archived