Lost friends and family

nsiebert

• 8 years later...

Hi, I accidentally stumbled across this forum and read your comment about knowing the Redfearn's. Well Kenneth is my dad, and Les, Brian and Tony are my uncles. They all still live in Sheffield, apart from Tony who now lives in Whitby / Robin Hood Bay.

yes miss smiley ,wasn't funny at the time though.

my cousin was with me at the time and chased him , but he was too quick for her the little ---.

mind you us old wincobankers were use to having bricks and stones pelted on us we use to create two gangs and one gang would stand at the top of the banking at side of back entrance to newman road church armed with stones etc and the other gang would stand at the back path a lot of feet below with bin lids used for sheilds. we'd get pelted to bits and then we'd swap over.

did anyone else do this.

also ive remembered some more old friends of mine from wincobank- the redfearns.- les, kenneth, brian, and their younger brother. also kevin and stephen clarke.-(nobby)

a few years ago i saw a poster at firth park. the ad was calling for old wincobankers to go to a reunion every few months at st thomas church newman rd.

does anyone else know anything about this or if it still exists.

---------- Post added 28-07-2016 at 19:24 ----------

Hi, you are right it's the same family. Kenneth is my dad, and Les, Brian and Tony are my uncles.

Brian also had a brother called Tony who was the youngest, Les was the older one if its the same family, although I can't remember them living in Wincobank, I thought they were from Pitsmoor.

Brian married a friend of mine called Mandy.

Tony went on to run a post office.

Kevin Clarke well the one I knew lived opposite Firthpark Library and he was a mate of mine.

Have not seen him since about 1981.

He had a sister who's name I can't remember.

Are we on the same wave length here.

Wow, i just stumbled on this old message too. I remember Julie Siddall, think we were in the same class at Wincobank school, she was the first girl i ever fancied (blushing!) My parents moved us to the other side of Sheffield in about 1971 and I lost touch with everyone in Wincobank. One other name i remember is Robert Bailey, he lived on Newman Rd, I lived on Tansley Drive.

• 1 year later...

@starthecat - not dropped in here for a long, long time as the thread went quiet for a while so only just noticed your posts. Please pass on my regards to Brian.......he and I were cross country competitors for a while as well as friends.

Back in the UK after many years away.......only just mind as the Welsh border is 10 minutes walk away. Tempted back by an offer from an old colleague that is now going pear shaped thanks to big USA corporate but nothing that can't be dealt with.

Me and the missus going back to Barbados in the New Year to celebrate getting married on the beach there 30 years ago :-) and hit the big 60 a couple of weeks back - time flies !

Regards - Sean O'Dea

---------- Post added 19-10-2017 at 10:51 ----------

Edited by Mithrandir

• 2 years later...

Hello all,

Barbados trip didn't go well. Wife ended up pinned against the transom of a boat during a snorkelling trip whilst a young boy in front of her had his leg torn to pieces by an outboard motor thanks to some moron who thought he was a skipper.....tourist money over rules regulations every time.

Ran over to Wincobank last weekend to check on family - see Newman Road hasn't improved any.

Regards to all who know me.

Sean O'Dea

Edited by Mithrandir