How much sleep do we need?

I love to sleep too! Although I have breathing problems (sinus blockage, congestion) ever since I was a nippa so it brevents me from getting a full nights sleep!

I can wake up 3-5 times a night needing a drink or the loo cos I sleep with my mouth open and get dry mouth syndrome!

It's a curese believe me!

I know exactly what you mean DB. prostate trouble gets me out sometimes every hour, blocked nose, wake up with a dry mouth, keep plenty of water beside bed, in and out all night, next day exhausted.

The average amount that people sleep is 7-71/2 hours per night, even in the Arctic where its light all night. You cant get anything seriously wrong with you even if you go without sleep for days (as a-level psychology states - this and much much more boring stuff) i need about 9 hours or ill nap during the day which is not nice cos i wake up with a headache and i hate missing chunks of the day.

Archived