Potential New Bar in Town..

richynomates

Must disagree DateExpress. Here's a list of fine (not pretentious) Sheffield bars that would grace any city:

1. The Wig and Pen

2. Trippets

3. Lounge Bar (during the week)

4. The Forum

5. The Priory

6. Menzells

I'm sure there are more, but those were the first few that came to mind.

So there!

i think sheffield has great bars. I live in newcastle and i too have been to the ****ehole that is buffalo joe's. Very popular with fellow students and stag nights. Its bars like that however that pull people into newcastle from all around for nights out! Thats not the worst of it though, about 50%(just a guess from experience) of the bars and clubs in newcastle are owned by the same company- Ultimate leisure and everyone of them is as tasteless as the next but they bring in loads of money. They are currently looking at other cities, they've opened a club in leeds and they are eyeing up potetnial sites in sheff, so enjoy sheffield's variety before its too late!!!!

I actually think a Buffalo Joe's opening in Sheffield would be a good thing, however pathetic the concept is. It adds to the variety of the nightlife and as mentioned below, the one in Newcastle brings people in to the city.

Also, just try and name a bar in Sheffield City Centre that you could describe as a fun, party venue. I cannot think of any...

However I do agree that the proposed location was inappropriate, maybe West Street or Eyre Street would be more suitable.

I do hope this does not mean the old Citadel ends up falling into disuse because every scheme is turned down though!

Originally posted by Andy C

I do hope this does not mean the old Citadel ends up falling into disuse because every scheme is turned down though!

Plan is : reject every application, building falls into dissrepair, building becomes unsafe, building gets demolished, land is sold, luxury block of flats built on site.

?

I would love to see that building being used for something.

Originally posted by jazz

has anyone got a picture of this building because i just can't think what it is.

cheers

It's round the corner from the Panasonic shop on Pinstone Street (opposite Laura Ashley). It looks a bit like a castle.

http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/YKS/PhotoFrames/WRY/SheffieldExSalvationArmyCitadel.html

Originally posted by jazz

i think sheffield has great bars. I live in newcastle

I've enjoyed a few nights out in Newcastle recently- you must surely admit that the bars up there are VASTLY superior to the offerings we have here. Only visited a few- Stereo, Popolos, Tokyo, The Forth (I think) and a few others- any one of them would be close to the best bar, if not the best bar, were it to be in Sheffield.

*sigh* Another ****e townie bar to add to add to Sheffield's growing collection, yet more accomodation for **** heads out to start a fight, alas anyone not wanting to go out to an over-crowded bar, playing too loud music, surrounded by drunkards once again gets squeezed out of the city centre.

It is true there are some decent places to go as someone has already listed, but these are become scarcer and increasingly loosing the fight against the marching army of chain bars attempting to take over every city centre in the country and turn them all into identikits of each other.

:rant: :rant: :rant:

Archived