Runaway Girl- a good place to run away from.

Great lighting (even if it does make the place look like a bar in Miami Vice) cannot disguise nor make up for a poor selection of drinks, a stiff atmosphere and daylight robbery prices. There's something half finished and deadbeat about the place, I wonder why it's lasted as long as it has?

In a town centre riddled with soulless bars, it stands out as being particularly characterless and lacking in warmth. What do other people think?

What a silly thread to start - almost as silly as my takeaway thread :-) - the Runaway Girl is clearly a great classy innovative cosy small new bar in a part of sheffield - the Sheffield Cultural quarter - that badly needs it.

You have obviously never been in there on one of their live mic/music nights which has oodles of atmosphere .... yes its a bit pricy but you pays for what you gets ... go to the Bankres Draft if you want cheap and spot the difference in atmosphere ....

With the city centre saturated with same same townie hell holes with ****e music and leary atmosphere, its great to see the likes of RAG putting on consistently quality nights....I mean, Simbad's on in a couple of weeks and thats some scoop for Sheffield...Cantaloop were funky as hell on Friday night too :)

Some white stuff put in your hand? B**locks - pass the salt please ...

exactly carborundum.

i'm reading from my debut novel STARBIRTH on the first wednesday of every month at runaway girl, as part of the wordsaloud.org open mic nights. the next one is next wednesday if anyone fancies coming down. the performances start around 7.30.

the place is chocka with intellectuals. drug den my yarce.

and i've just been invited to the willard wigan (MBE sculptor) private view first, woo hoo, my life is suddenly swishing up a bit :)

Archived