Runaway Girl- a good place to run away from.

How can you compare the Boardwalk to RG? Thats like trying to compare a Range Rover to a Porche 911. Theyre two totally different places, catering for different types of customer.

I'm not really into the branding, marketing and demographics side of it all, I just want somewhere friendly, comfortable and reasonably priced to sit in, watch bands and drink good quality beer or wine. Should it be any more complicated than that?

No not at all if you prefer one place to another then fair play I cant knock you for it. Im just saying that its a bit unfair to try to compare two places which cater for different people and aim for a different market. Thats all :)

We had a block booking for a friends birthday, to keep it simple we all ordered the set tapas. The staff brought out 4 of everything for our table of 5. They missed 2 of the dishes out completely. After spending a lot of money on bland, over priced tapas and extortionate drinks prices, we were still left feeling hungry. To top it all off the staff were extremely rude. I will not be setting foot in there again for food or for drinks. Definitely a place to runaway from!

We had a block booking for a friends birthday, to keep it simple we all ordered the set tapas. The staff brought out 4 of everything for our table of 5. They missed 2 of the dishes out completely. After spending a lot of money on bland, over priced tapas and extortionate drinks prices, we were still left feeling hungry. To top it all off the staff were extremely rude. I will not be setting foot in there again for food or for drinks. Definitely a place to runaway from!

Tapas always leaves you feeling hungry no matter where you get it - anyway this is a bar not a restaurant if you dont like it then lump it and go to S1 quarter to eat ....

Tapas always leaves you feeling hungry no matter where you get it - anyway this is a bar not a restaurant if you dont like it then lump it and go to S1 quarter to eat ....

Wait a minute, if an establishment serves food I think paying customers have a right to expect good service and the food that they have paid for. As far as I know the bar really pushes the food side of the business.

Patrick vs Patrick!

Have to side with the 1346 version on this issue.

To effectively say 'get stuffed if you don't like it' is surely counter productive? Especially when someone, as it seems here, has been given an experience that falls well short of where Sheffield should be at as a place for going out.

• 4 months later...

Visited The Runaway Girl on Saturday. Was pleasantly surprised on entering as I was expecting something squalid. (think I went in years ago, and remembered a story about a girl who fell off a table and lost her finger!)

I don't mind paying £3 for a bottle of beer, but I expect it to be cold. Not too much to ask really.

The (House Proud) DJ seemed to be up against it with a drunked gaggle of women asking for Abba and throwing Champagne on the dance floor and almost over the decks. Not pretty.

Made a nice change, but a little messy round the edges.

Wow, people have a lot of different opinions about The Runaway Girl. It'a quite interesting actually.

All I have to add to this is check out the listings, see if there is something you like and go and check it out. There is literally something for everyone. You'll also find a lot of Sheffield's popular promoters are putting nights on their because of it's cosy and intimate surroundings (along with the great PA).

Drinks are not 'extortionate' in the slightest. They are well priced and reasonable.

There are cheap drinks on band nights, early evening offers and even when drinks are at full price they are still competitive.

The food, I can say from personal experience, is actually amazing.

And as for the bar staff being rude, they are a great team of guys who put up with a lot (like anyone who works behind a bar).

The Runaway Girl is a great bar with a lot of potential and I think it's getting better and better.

Archived