Runaway Girl- a good place to run away from.

Allow me to praise the Runaway girl.....not many others seem to be....only been there a few times so far but found the atmosphere totally absorbing and certainly unique to Sheffield. It's very small, but that adds to the charm. It actually reminds me of a similar sized 'underground' club that used to exist in West London called The Birdcage (not to be confused with the modern Birdcage club), exotic decor, very intimate and not pretentious on the outside like a lot of clubs. Would quite happily spent a few hours in there on my own drinking wine and watching the bands, and I would not do that in many places in Sheffield. Like the Dove it seems to be chav free zone, or at least when I have been there.........

before i start i want to make it clear i work at a different bar as it seems everytime you say something positive on these kind of threads u get accused of owning or working there , i like runaway girl, only been in once staff seemed to know there cocktails, wer friendly had a good laugh, was quiter than i thought it might be for a weekend but i would definatly visit again, and in terms of price you pay for quality with spirits, cocktails etc, if u want pints of carling an smirnoff and coke go to west street.

Okay, I've already started and I wish to make it clear...

I do work at The Runaway Girl. I basically wouldn't work here if I didn't have faith in the place.

The bar has a whole lot of potential and I think it is slowly realising it. It's getting better and better. Usually the summer months are slow for bars and venues in Sheffield. For us business has actually picked up giving us something to build on in the near future. Your support is amazing. So to everyone who has said such pleasent things about the bar, please show your support by voting for us in these awards.

To everyone who has said awful things about the place. I'm sorry you have had such a bad experience here. We have taken all the comments on board and use it to make us better.

We have been nominated in 2 different bar/food awards running in Sheffield and we need your support. These awards are incredibly important to us. They will give us a massive boost and we hope they will help us keep trying to grow and do great things! It’s our 2nd Birthday in October. We think winning at least one of these awards would be the perfect present to all our staff and promoters for working so hard.

Sheffield Bar Awards

VOTING ENDS THIS FRIDAY THE 28TH

http://www.sheffieldbarawards.co.uk/vote/vote.htm

log onto the Bar Awards website and vote for us under ‘Best Music Venue’ and ‘Best Bar Food’ (N.B you don’t need to put your phone number if you don’t want, just name and email. your email validates your vote so is a necessity).

Exposed Awards

Cut and paste the following text into an email and just email it to: awards@exposedmagazine.co.uk

1. Best Restaurant – The Runaway Girl

6. Best Live Venue – The Runaway Girl

7. Best Bar – The Runaway Girl

Other relevent categories include...

5. Best Club Night

15. Best DJ

16. Best Band

If you feel that any of the club nights, DJs and bands that feature down here at The Runaway Girl deserve a vote then please get involved.

And finally:

Do you know others that have enjoyed coming to the venue?, if so please could you kindly forward this message on to them?

If you can support with your votes it would be brilliant, the competition is very tight and at the moment there’s not much in it at all…So every vote will truly count!

Thank you for reading and hope to see you down here soon.

Archived