Runaway Girl- a good place to run away from.

It really isn't much of a scene to just makes someone aware as to what happened. Again, we encountered no problems on Friday night. It was a brilliant night. The bands were ace, the crowd brilliant, the atmosphere great and the DJs really good fun. If your friends did encounter some kind of drug pusher then that's really bad but no one else has mentioned anything about this and a lot of the people there were people I know. And NO, before you say it, none of my friends deal drugs.

Is it.........I don't think so, how come a mate of mine and his wife went in last Friday and was being offered allsorts and having stuff put in his hand, he said no thanks but the scumbag wouldn't take no for an answer

Also hasn't it become a popular meeting place for the SUFC hooligan element.

as I say used to be good but now a drug den

You sound like some sort of government propaganda film from the 1950's Are you sure he was not stood at the bar and these things were not drinks? He could even have been sat down as I think they come serve you. 'ere mate, wanna buy some tappas'

You sound like some sort of government propaganda film from the 1950's Are you sure he was not stood at the bar and these things were not drinks? He could even have been sat down as I think they come serve you. 'ere mate, wanna buy some tappas'

Well from that description you just gave it appears that he may already be hallucinating. Get a grip neeeeeeeeeeeek just like all your other posts bullS***

Yes, that was me. Thanks for all the kind words.

no problem, i meant it.

Lofty's northern soul nights are really great. He's got the most amazing record collection ever

he's totally cool, isn't he? actually he's my partner yog sothoth's boss at sheff hallam uni health and safety dept. he's a very well respected figure in the industry as well as being a brill dj. it was us who introduced him to the RG actually :thumbsup:

and King Mojo's Tuesday night's offer something rather unique too.

ive been meaning to come down for ages but we've been a bit off the radar being so busy, however we're coming down soon and have also told lofty we'll be there next time he does a gig at the RG.

Is Dave Allen running this site now

dave allen the comedian? what are you on about? youre not on drugs are you? :hihi:

The rumour that it was a hang out for football hooligans I must admit was just a rumour that I had heard.

look sheffbloke, i spent 3 years hot wired into a big forum (sad but true) and posting rumours on the net is not a good idea. a lot of people still believe half the b*ll*cks they read on forums, and when it's a case of someone's business and people's livelihoods, people who have bills to pay and loved ones to support, then you've got to be very careful about waving around unsubstantiated allegations.

The last time I went the atmosphere was lacking (thats not the venues fault, thats the DJ's) the beer wasn't cold and the toilets were flooded.

some of my favourite nights out in the past have been when places were almost empty, and me and my mates created the atmosphere by just having fun. the opening night of the hacienda was almost empty, but it was one of the best nights ever, being in this massive aircraft hanger type place with all our mates and no nobbers. its punters who make atmosphere.

Archived