Runaway Girl- a good place to run away from.

dave allen the comedian? what are you on about? youre not on drugs are you? :hihi:

Read the newspapers,listern to the radio, or read forums:loopy:

look sheffbloke, i spent 3 years hot wired into a big forum (sad but true) and posting rumours on the net is not a good idea. a lot of people still believe half the b*ll*cks they read on forums, and when it's a case of someone's business and people's livelihoods, people who have bills to pay and loved ones to support, then you've got to be very careful about waving around unsubstantiated allegations. .

This message board is full of rumours and what somonelse has heard.

some of my favourite nights out in the past have been when places were almost empty, and me and my mates created the atmosphere by just having fun. the opening night of the hacienda was almost empty, but it was one of the best nights ever, being in this massive aircraft hanger type place with all our mates and no nobbers. its punters who make atmosphere.

Exactly, so forget about places with overpriced beer and food and pimply youths playing God with your record requests. Get down to your local pub, get the beers in, stick a few quid in the juke box, and get a kebab on the way home. As white rose said, it's up to you to have a fun night out.

If you come unstuck, do as i had to and pop in The Globe to use their cash machine (costs £1/£1.50 to do so though :rant: )

Or indeed, pop into the main entrance of hallam Uni (yes the public are allowed in), walk up the slope, and just round the corner to the right is a FREE csh machine! :hihi:

Good attempt at something different. its just too small and overpriced exactly like the food they serve.

B***ocks. Me and White Rose went there last week for some tapas. We shared six tapas dishes between us and we were both completely full at the end.

AND we got a bowl of stuffed olives and a plate of garlicky paprika bread drizzled in olive oil, FREE, whilst we waited for the chef to cook our food.

AND we got a bowl of Paella rice FREE with the tapas.

The food was superb, all of it. They have two chefs, and the cooking is to a high standard. Prices were OK, mid-range restaurant prices. Well worth it for the quality. The sliced duck in red wine sauce was heavenly. :thumbsup:

Runaway girl does have lager on tap now (usually Beck's Vier or Staropramen), and prices are about the same as most city centre bars. The music there is great. And I love the fact it's not full of student-age people, the crowd being more 20 and 30-somethings (or 40-somethings in our case).

cheers to everyone who voted in the sheffield bar ad club awards for us.

We won the best bar food category

came second in the best live music venue (leadmill won)

came second in the best bar category (bungalows and bears won).

not bad, not bad.

cheers to everyone who voted in the sheffield bar ad club awards for us.

We won the best bar food category

came second in the best live music venue (leadmill won)

came second in the best bar category (bungalows and bears won).

not bad, not bad.

nice one :) congrats to justin, the chef and sous chef. i had invites for the ceremony cath but i've got a virus so went to bed early in an attempt to fight it off as ive got stuff i need to go to later on in the week (er...like lofty on friday at your place and king mojo tonight if i can get well soon enough!)

• 3 weeks later...

people dont seem very objective here, does one bad experience make a bar a drug den? not really but in the same way you cant either a). pretend it just didnt happen of b). flatly deny it call libel (incidently it is not libel unless it can be proven to be unfounded) obviously sumone has had a bad experience. having said that i really like the bar and hope that bad reports are just one offs.

Archived