The Norton - 'Sizzler' pub

We saw their sizzler meals advertised and thought we'd try the place out. The food was unremarkable, but ok for the 17p it cost, but the place was littered with dodgy geezers. We listend in to a 20 minute conversation where a grimy looking 'Smithy' was assuring a couple of people how hard he was, how hard his pit bull was, and then took a call off someone (sounded like a mate / brother) who had just been punched. Of course old Smithy wanted the guys address to go round and kick his head in. His right had was out of order being bandaged up after apparently having it bitten after leaving it near his last victims mouth for too long.

I though Norton was a decent place? Is this pub dodgy or did I catch it at the wrong time? Is Smithy a local legend?

I've been in a couple of times since its been refurbed and seen no dodgy looking types. But then I only went in during daylight hours. Last Saturday there were a group of, I'm guessing, Falkland vets all gathered around near us talking about the war. Nothing dodgier than that.

We saw their sizzler meals advertised and thought we'd try the place out. The food was unremarkable, but ok for the 17p it cost, but the place was littered with dodgy geezers. We listend in to a 20 minute conversation where a grimy looking 'Smithy' was assuring a couple of people how hard he was, how hard his pit bull was, and then took a call off someone (sounded like a mate / brother) who had just been punched. Of course old Smithy wanted the guys address to go round and kick his head in. His right had was out of order being bandaged up after apparently having it bitten after leaving it near his last victims mouth for too long.

I though Norton was a decent place? Is this pub dodgy or did I catch it at the wrong time? Is Smithy a local legend?

Norton and Norton lees are decent places to live its the riff raff from lowedges that go in there, that your describing! FACT

Norton and Norton lees are decent places to live its the riff raff from lowedges that go in there, that your describing! FACT

Excuse me but who do you think you are calling me riff raff, not everyone from Lowedges is scum so please don't speculate we all are. There's so called 'riff raff' on every estate, not just Lowedges. Plus it wasn't a FACT as you so bluntly put it, it was your opinion.

Serend, its snotty people like you that make out all lowedges is scum, if you lived up lowedges you'd realise its a very close and well looked out for estate. Maybe alot of us have big mouths but atleast you know where you are with people like us. Where not scum, where very freindly and open. We look out for each othier, not like snobby norton lees.

I think riff raff is a pleasent word for the people that have been described by the poster. Its the truth that the person described fits the typical meet head/thug from that area! it was a comment i never said everyone from lowedges did i????????????

Seren, oh my deear god. I pity you. You did know the world is bigger then Lowedges? It could have been anyone , next you'll be saying there from `BOOTMORE` or `NEEDLETHORPE`.

You really are the true `scum`.

Archived