Whats the name of that new Indian restaurant in Nethergreen?

blonder

I've just seen that there is a new Indian restaurant in Nethergreen, where the Old Pizza place used to be. It looks decent from the outside, does anyone know the phone number or name of the place, I might try it sometime soon? Has anyone been there and are willing to give a review? Cheers.

I've just seen that there is a new Indian restaurant in Nethergreen, where the Old Pizza place used to be. It looks decent from the outside, does anyone know the phone number or name of the place, I might try it sometime soon? Has anyone been there and are willing to give a review? Cheers.

it's called Panahar. Telephone 0114 2630106. I'll try and give the place an unbiased review when it opens!

I'll definitely be giving it a try. It must be the first indian/pizzeria in Sheffield?

It's quite large and looks impressive. It is a byo (bring your own plonk) which usually makes it a cheaper affair (although I reckon there'll be a fiver corkage charge).

So as soon as it opens, I'll pay a visit and let you know how it went.

(There's also the added bonus of the Rising Sun across the road. It could turn into quite a drunken affair.)

I'll definitely be giving it a try. It must be the first indian/pizzeria in Sheffield?

It's quite large and looks impressive. It is a byo (bring your own plonk) which usually makes it a cheaper affair (although I reckon there'll be a fiver corkage charge).

So as soon as it opens, I'll pay a visit and let you know how it went.

(There's also the added bonus of the Rising Sun across the road. It could turn into quite a drunken affair.)

Hope its better than the usual dodgy rubbish on sale.

• 2 weeks later...

Mr bro and his wife went on the opening evening (free food!) and have been once since.

On both occasions they came away a little disappointed citing 'teething problems' which, once they've found their feet, should hopefully be remedied. (They had to wait ages for the food to come on the second visit and I think there were slight discrepancies with the order).

I intend to visit in due course and shall let you know what I thought on here.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

A group of 9 21-30 year olds visited Panahar. We were very disappointed with the service. We waited an hour for our food to arrive, once it did one of the main dishes was wrong, when asked if it could be changed we were told we would have to wait another 20 minutes. As we did not want to wait any longer we ate what we had been given. The food was average, portions were quite small and the whole experience was tainted by the rude and unhelpful waiters. When we received our bill, we had been charged for 2 extra rice and no discount was offered for the incorrect dish. All in a very disappointing experience.

Archived