May 19th: Suggestions for electro/house nite please!

Solomon1

hello party people :)

the dancefloor calls on may 19th.....am thinking fuel, plug, UG, GC1, DQ......?

anyone fill me in on what's appenin where?

also, cactus club...never been....anything good on sat 19th? (its in a dodgy part of town innit?!:D)

cheers me dears

Sol

knew i could rely on you dudester :D

who is sandy rivera? and do i need to get my tickets now?!

who is Sandy Rivera??? Dear god.....

He's the guy behind such classics as 'i can't stop', come into my big room and more recently that ghastly lollipop song (don't judge him on that though!)

He is also part of Kings of Tomorrow who brough us 'Finally'

Saw him last at Bed and was one of the best nights i had there. top:banana: :clap:

knew i could rely on you dudester :D

who is sandy rivera? and do i need to get my tickets now?!

In my opinion SR is one of the best producers and Dj's around.

He's based in New York so theres a healthy dose of disco in whatever he does - don't mistake that for being cheesy - along with Jay 'Sinister' Sealey he was and is Kings of Tomorrow. Their club smash Finally brought them to the fore and was hugely remixed and admired. However this wasn't even the best track on their debut album!

Their(KOT) work is rich in melody and lush production and at first was all about soul and vocals. They followed up Fnally with the magnificent Changes which for a couple of Sheffield DJ's I know is an ever present in their bag and it seemed their work was taking a turn towards deeper sounds and attitudes. This change has continued and Rivera has stripped his work back to basics and at the moment has major Chicago influences in it. Check out the rather superb Trouble album.

In short he's ace, just go!

In that case do love to be then leave about 3ish and go to fuzzy

sounds like a plan! :D

thanks for all the suggestions guys and dolls :)

bought tix for plug, but highly tempted by fuzzy duck......so might try and do both!

(also wyexile, andy weatherall.....bit too variable and 'rock' for me dude! but ta anyway :))

Archived