Moore and Wright

kirky

To the best of my knowledge Jim Hussey has been living in Ontario, Canada for the last 25 years or so.

He joined the James Neill export department when they took over M & W. For a short while he went on to head up the Neill operation in North America but has not been associated with Neill for quite a long time.

Yerman - thanks for the info. I now vaguely remember him going to James Neill but havent seen him since I left Tyzack,s in 68. He was just an export sales clerk then but was always ambitious. Thanks again.

I knew Jim at Neil's / M&W in the early 70's. I knew he went to Canada but I thought it was on the West Coast but obviously not

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

My mum Pauline Bennett worked at moore and wrights on the micrometers along with Pete Hallam, micrometers section moved down to a road off city road think it was fitzwalter road. one of her friends she kept in touch with from moore & wrights sadly now passed Nelly Fairfax, one other was Jean who lived in beighton but can't remember her surname for the life of me who sadly has also passed

Stand by gang, I have found some old photo's of the M&W staff in the 60's / 70's Should be able to get em on here next week.

Have I missed the pictures? Does anybody remember the works seaside outings in the 1960,s when my mates used to go and have singsongs all the way?