Moore and Wright

kirky

i worked at M&W from 1962/jan2nd in the fitting shop,apprentice.Mr. Drake and Mr.Chapel were the formen(eric&ken)the xmas parties were held at the cutlers hall.dances were held in the canteen at handsworth.snooker was played upstairs in the office block.

---------- Post added 24-09-2014 at 20:03 ----------

the machines used to manufacture the components were very old fashioned in a modern building.3nought millers operated by mainly ladies.brown&sharp auto millers,mainly men,with Barbara Cruise checking quality.Snow roughers,snow grinders,Malcolm Tunstill operated on these.Linisher and polishing machines,ets,etc.all told about 600 worked there then.Tommy Fiander was forman electrician.

I Don't remember Sally in the fitters shop ?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
So do you remember Geoff xx, Fitter, John Egginton, Terry Pinder, electricians,

so you live in the USA now Geoff,you will remember G.Broskum,ron copnell and ray woodall.did you marry that girl out of the office block called margaret?i last remember you and her in the cutlers hall at our xmas do.

---------- Post added 03-12-2014 at 19:12 ----------

for got to mention Fred May,joiner,should think they're all making mic's in heaven now.

so you live in the USA now Geoff,you will remember G.Broskum,ron copnell and ray woodall.did you marry that girl out of the office block called margaret?i last remember you and her in the cutlers hall at our xmas do.

---------- Post added 03-12-2014 at 19:12 ----------

for got to mention Fred May,joiner,should think they're all making mic's in heaven now.

Hi

I do remember most of them, but I'm not Geoff :-)

• 1 year later...

Moore and Wright ended up as part of/linked to Bowers Metrology I think.

Regarding the Neill Tools group, Eclipse Magnetics are still around in Sheffield with Neill Tools.

I'm sure anyone will correct me if I'm wrong about the above details!