Buried Treasure in sheffield

Ditz

Hi sheffield forum readers!

Avast me hearties! ive jst bought a metal detector and was wondering if there were any old buried treasure folklores or legends hanging around sheffield? Tried to look it up, but no results. so any help would be most appreciated or ill skin ya and use ur bones to beat my bread! Yahh!!

Ditz, on the opposite side of the Don from where the speedway track was or still is at owlerton, is white bridge going over the railway track, between there and the 5 arches is another small bridge & old cemetry, or was in my days there, 40 odd years ago.

Kids from my old school at Shirecliffe found old coins, Roman helmets, silver cups etc there, evidently years ago people were buried with all their belongings & the ground had begun to subside there exposing these relics.

As long as there arn't any houses on the site today you could well find plenty of buried treasure, don't forget we are going 50/50.

hehehe!!! oooo u wish!hehe tanx for that. its funny cos i was just thinking about about that bridge and wondering about the sort of things that could be there. thanks for the tip, ill definitely look into that.

hehehe!!! oooo u wish!hehe tanx for that. its funny cos i was just thinking about about that bridge and wondering about the sort of things that could be there. thanks for the tip, ill definitely look into that.
be carefull,it sounds like wards end cemetary,if it is you will be in trouble if your caught grave robbing

some dudes around my end found a war chest full of solid gold coins. I think it was payments for the civil war. The site was declaired a treasure Horde and the cops removed it.

http://www.thebritishmuseum.ac.uk/buriedtreasure/treasurechest/fishpool/

this is about a 10min walk from where i'm sitting right now. The site it was found isn't on the website but i know where it was found.

This is the largest hoard of gold coins ever found in Britain. The hoard, which also included some jewellery, was buried in Sherwood Forest, and was only discovered when some builders were at work in the 1960s. The hoard contained over 1237 gold coins and 10 pieces of gold jewellery. It was buried in about 1464 at a time of a terrible civil war in England and Wales to decide who would be King, known as the Wars of the Roses.

________

Ford xb falcon picture

Archived